“Dismal, delay of 1 hour”
Review of VietJetAir

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Even before my flight, they sent my itinerary 3 times due to a reschedule in flight timings.

When I was at the airport, the flight was delayed again and it was very chaotic as some passengers were raging and shouting at the staff.

Nothing exceptional on board or about the service. Everything is average. I had the in-flight meal as it was very cheap online and it was fine.

I reached Hanoi one hour late. Felt like I wasted half my day at the airport. Never have I taken such a lousy budget airline. No wonder they have to resort to controversial PR stunts and bikini uniforms.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (2,434)

Reviewed 2 February 2018

What a lovely surprise. This was a breath of fresh air. The flight attendants were all young and friendly. I liked their clothing, red shirts with black trousers. Girls had shorts on. Look lovely.
Well done.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 2 February 2018

My flight from Myanmar was cancelled 10 days after I booked the ticket. Actually, the whole air route was cancelled.....so cannot even change it to another day.
They don't reply easily by email, and ask you to call a paying phone support line. The line is so busy, you need to wait a lot and spend money to talk to an agent.
They said I have to wait 15 working days if I want to get refund. 15 days later, still no refund.... TO AVOID

Date of travel: February 2018
1  Thank Fab C
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Short flight from ho chi Minh City to Hanoi. You have to pay for everything from food to drinks. They have some merchandise if you want, little knick knacks like duffle bags and such. Seems like a older airplane with uncomfortable seats and little leg room. But it's ok for short flights.

1  Thank TravelALadaMiles
Reviewed 2 February 2018

If you read this review and still book with Viet Jet Airline, there’s no hope for you...

I was hesitant about flying with Viet Jet Airline from the start. The price of our tickets were too good to be true, but I booked it anyway, in hopes of saving a few extra dollars. I should’ve trusted my instincts and listened to other reviews. I had to learn the hardest that time is ALWAYS more valuable than money.

My husband I were flying from Ho Chi Minh to Hai Phong to visit Ha Long Bay. We already booked a 2 day/1 night cruise and needed to arrive to the port by 12:30 PM. So we booked the first flight out of Ho Chi Minh at 6 AM. We doubled checked our flight status before our arrival and it still said on time. We even checked the flight status on the flight board and it still said it was scheduled in time. However, upon check in (at 4:30 AM btw), we were notified that our flight was delayed to 8:30 AM. Keep in mind though, this doesn’t account for the time it actually takes to take the bus to the plane and actually board the plane. We started boarding at 8 AM, but we didn’t actually take off until 9:30 AM. Fortunately, we had a super fast taxi driver and our tour was very patient. We barely made it to the boat before the boat left...

We’re so fortunate to have made it to see one of the great wonders of the world, but we were super stressed out throughout the day. Even if it costs more money, just pay the extra $50+ for Vietnam Airlines. It’s not worth going through what we had to go through. If you have extra time and don’t mind saving a few bucks, go ahead and book with Viet Jet Airlines - as it is the equivalent to Spirit Airlines in the U.S., but 100x worse.

Despite what other reviews say, they WILL weigh your carry on when you check in. The weight limit is 7kg (15.4lbs). Once they weigh your bag and it meets the weight restriction, then they will put a band on your bag indicating that your bag is approved for carry on. If your bag is over the weight limit, prepare for some hefty fees and long wait for baggage pick up. Please note that you are also allowed a small purse/bag that is not included in the weight restriction. If you’re lucky and the person you’re with doesn’t care, they’ll weigh your bag (per protocol), ignore the weight, and put a band on your bag.

There are no free drinks on board, which they should provide after all the flight delays. You must pay for a drink just like Spirit Airlines. Leg space is smaller and more cramped compared to Spirit and American. It’s built for a typical Asian person and is very uncomfortable for a standard American. Also, if you haven’t flown in Asia before, boarding and getting off the plane with Asian people is madness. They basically herd you like cattle onto a bus to board the airplane. There’s no structure and people push and shove you the entire time - even though we’re all going to the same place anyway. Btw, there’s no such things as lines. People will cut the line no matter what time they arrive. BTW it’s not only Asian people that do this, we ran into some of the most obnoxious Caucasians too. So prepare yourself for the worst. I wish someone told me this before we arrived.

Have I scared you enough to avoid flying Viet Jet? I hope you listened to what I have to say as I sit here and wait at the airport for another delayed flight for Viet Jet. If not, may God be with you.

2  Thank aznmaxietaxi