“Aweful experience and customer service and we haven't even flown yet”
Review of Jetstar Japan

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Cancelled our flight 6 hours before it was to leave. No reason was given for this cancellation. Next available flight was the next day. Forcing us mid afternoon to book the only available hotel room in the city ($360) and also had to eat the cost of the hotel we booked in our arrival city. The flights may be cheap but there is a reason. Spend the extra hundred bucks and fly any other airline. Will never use them again after this experience.....

1  Thank Ethan L

Reviewed 17 February 2018

i vacation to japan, actually i booked japan airlines (tokyo to osaka), and i dont know why they moved me to Jetstar.
I'm facing a bad situation. i had waiting for 3 hours in airport, but they are late opening the gate, then the passengers are in a hurry to board the gate and then the plane.
When going to the airport (i have two small bags with me), I bought goods at the airport (some snack), so I have two bags and one bag of foods.
They say the limit is 2 bags, so I need time to put my groceries (food) into my bag by being forced and damaged. and the gate door is closed and i will be late.
I rushed running to the planer, when i arrived at the door of plane, the staff asked me what is my seat and I answered it. When I wanted to walk in, he arrested me and asked me to show the ticket. And I said "I have a ticket", (OF COURSE I have a ticket, if not, how can I get on the plane, of course they already checked me at the gate door).
And She forced me to show the ticket, AND MY BAG IS VERY FULL.
i have ever travel to anywhere with any aircraft.
But only this time, make me feel so bad,,,
i only show the ticket when i need to know where is my seat.
I think, before i arrive the plane door, my boarding ticket and my passport has been check for two time, even three or four time.
and then...
when I return to my country from osaka, I took japan airlines twice.
I deliberately did not show my ticket when at the plane door (plane door, not the gate door), they did not force me to show it.
and I deliberately did not show it, because I want to compare their service and sure if the jetstar staff was deliberately make me in a hard time.
they ruined my vacation mood..

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Loexhy
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We thought the flight from Gold Coast to Narita was pretty good getting us in early. Unfortunately the return journey had us sit on the aircraft for an hour before departing which was due to air traffic control delays, not Jetstar’s fault. I would be keen to fly business class with Jetstar next time

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The only flights we could get to Japan involved a long and tedious stop in Cairns in both directions, arriving in Tokyo quite late. I will try and avoid these flights in future. Given the number of Australians travelling to Japan in January these days, they could do with more direct flights. Jetstar staff in Cairns were very pedantic about carry on - we didn't have too much weight but had bought duty free so we had too many individual bags. I'm not sure what is achieved by stuffing two lots of duty free into one bag just to take it onto the plane.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We got a comfortable flight but the plane was small compare to what I expected. We cannot choose our seats. We are family with 11 members having 3 seniors, 2 small children and 3 teenagers. We want to sit together but theres no online check in nor can we choose our seats