“Didn't have tickets”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The queue was unreal to start with. So even though we got to the airport 2:30 hours before departure we had to queue for 1:30 even though there seemed to be plenty of staff and not such a big queue. Also self check in didn't seem to do anything, or mean anything. When we got to the desk the lady said we didn't have any tickets!! She showed us her screen which had our paid for booking on it but there was no ticket number, she also said she had nothing to do with tickets.

After another hour of panicking around in the airport like idiots we managed to get on the flight. On the way home I broke my leg and Flybe had no way to accommodate me onto the plane. F U Flybe.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (3,490)

Reviewed 25 September 2017

excellent flight although a bit late landing, return trip was a joke. told 90 min delay on arrival, nearly 2 hours late on arrival. bus drivers need retraining enroute newquay, was made to disenbark bus in heavy rain to wait to board flight, most of us had to travel soaking wet

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Comfortable plane, great staff, good service and both legs of journey on time. The seats were very comfortable and staff attentive.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We travelled to the Cook Islands for our daughters wedding and needed to connect with our main flights with Emirates and as Newquay airport is about 40 mins from where we live it seemed to be the best option. On 26th August we arrived at Newquay to discover that the flight was delayed. Not a problem we had a 3 hour wait in Birmingham so everything still good. Boarding started just over an hour late and the captain explained they had had a problem earlier in the day resulting in an engineer being called to fix the fault which he had and now it was all good. Plane was loaded and the captain prepared to take off however another fault appeared meaning the engines had to be cut and stopped and then a reset procedure which took about 45 minutes. All done cleared to fly and yes off to Birmingham at last nearly 2 hours late. Still good as we have about an hour and 15 minutes in Birmingham and our main luggage should go straight through so we only have to check in our hand baggage. We arrived in Birmingham and had gained a few minutes brilliant but sadly all this was lost because on arrival the plane was parked on the hard stand and that is where we stayed on board because they did not have the ground crew to deal with the steps and earthing the plane etc. We sat there for about 35 mins before staff could be located to resolve the problems. Not a brilliant experience but on the bright side we made our connection with minutes to spare and eventually arrived at our final destination on time with our baggage. So our return trip some 4 weeks later when we got to Birmingham on the departure board there were 75 flights listed and of those only one delayed. Yes it was our flight . Board was saying delay would be almost an hour and as weather was deteriorating in Newquay we were conscious that it may be cancelled altogether. Somehow they managed to get the flight almost on time and boarding took place about 10 mins late. We sat in the plane about 30 mins before the captain explained that we were short of 10 passengers who had been loaded onto the plane adjacent to us in error and it would take about 30 mins to get them off and onto our plane. This happened and then they realised that the luggage for these passengers also had to be loaded on our plane. At the same time the air conditioning started to pump out hot air so again another engineer was called to sort it out. Now at this point the Captain started to apologise quit profusely blaming Scotair who apparently organise their passenger loading but as passengers this is not our problem. Anyway all good Captain says we are preparing to be pushed back so we can proceed to the runway and take off. Not quite because Scotair have found another 2 passengers from somewhere and we have to wait another 30 mins for them to board and again another 30 minutes after they realised they also had baggage. At this point I am thinking of suggesting to the captain a change of name to possible Fred Carnows flight service. We did arrive eventually at Newquay as did our baggage which did surprise me and we got home about 4 hours later than we expected. With this in mind if we ever need to fly from Newquay we will think very carefully before buying Flybe tickets

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I lost the love of flying about thirty five years ago and rarely come out of my lets get this over with mode when using the metal tubes, however credit should always be given when it is due,I was not looking forward to my Saturday evening being spent traveling between Aberdeen and Southampton with a stop and change in Manchester, I cant believe I am typing this but I almost enjoyed it, I traveled to Dyce by train arrived at a virtually abandoned Airport, a surreal experience due to there only being a couple of flights going out between 18.00 & 22.00. Security was over in yes less than two minutes, and was processed by a very nice lady with a smile on her face, a welcome rarity that rarely occurs @ this sadly necessary charade of almost having to srip off and describe every piece of kit one has decided to transport along with ones self, with that dealt with involving the very sad loss to my nice lady of my tin of sugar free Red Bull,well it least it wasn't the usual carelessly packed 40 GBP's worth of after shave lol. Onward into the departure lounge, where I almost started to feel in holiday type mode,so much so that I decided to partake in a alcoholic beverage (well it was Saturday night after all) having been relieved off almost 9.00 GBP for a large vodka and diet coke and drinking it perhaps a little to quick I was feeling nicely relaxed,although please believe me my advice from a seasoned traveler is that alcohol and the big silver bird are not good bedfellows,especially if you are the captain, as two American pilots in separate incidents recently discovered when visiting our shores and turning up for work having enjoyed a drin or nineteen the night before,not pretty, career over stuff,with a criminal record as a wee bonus.
Anyway back to Flybe 15 mins early, yes I did say early on both legs, no dramas friendly helpful staff who actually looked like they were alive and interested and not on autopilot,when I returned my extension strap (19st lol) I remarked to the very pretty smiley flight attendant that on a previous flight I managed to walk off the plane and take the strap home,she laughed like it was the funniest thing she had hear for a decade and said "what are ya like" perhaps not the write thing to say according to Flybe's PR training manual, but it made this fat guy smile,anyway a almost enjoyable experience,well done indeed Flybe,marred somewhat by being charged 42.5 GBP for my fourteen mile taxi ride from Eastleigh to Fareham,which I was informed by the bubbly blonde lady driver that the airport take 30% f0r booking marshaling the customers,almost half the price of the two flights, shocking,anyway,far from my worst travel experience throughout. Brechin to Southampton with a stop in less than six hours cant be bad.