“Delays again - left stranded”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I'm a regular traveller between Exeter and Newcastle. In my experience this route suffers a lot of delays, reasons given include faulty parts on aircraft/ weather/ staff sickness. Additionally Flybe will reroute planes to ensure flights to other destinations aren't delayed at the expense of this route. Where there are delays Flybe just don't seem to give a damn if people are left stranded for any onward travel from their destination.

In my opinion this airline needs to give serious consideration to their business continuity plans to reduce delays for some quite minor reasons, and when thing go wrong they need to seriously address their customer service and offer support to passenger who may be left stranded.

This route should be a quick and cost effective alternative to driving/train travel, and when flybe get it right it does achieves that.

Unfortunately for me there are too many delays on this route, and the lack of any support for stranded customers means I will using alternate forms of travel in future.

1  Thank servicecounts
Write a ReviewReviews (5,811)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We were delayed for 2 hours due to a technical problem with the plane we were due to fly in. Flybe had to bring in another plane. Once on the plane though the crew couldn't have been nicer and there was a tailwind so we the pilot managed to catch up a little bit.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

As no other choice for me to fly from Birmingham to Edinburgh in term of time selection so I choose this airline. Actually that just was an economy class with some privilege such as more baggage and a complimentary of food and beverage. But overall an efficient service of the airline.

1  Thank RioTirta
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Having been stranded in Belfast due to a hurricane my only option to get home inside 3 days was to book a flight with flybe. Between me starting the booking process and finishing it the one way cost of my journey increased by £110! Having no alternative I paid the fare. Two people, one way, Belfast to Edinburgh £400! I think that is expensive and blatant profiteering by flybe considering the situation. My easy jet fare of £65 for two people for the same journey has been refunded to me but this is a small consolation.
As for the flight itself it was quick, the plane vibrated the whole way, was noisy and the seats were small. Can't say I would recommend this unless it was an emergency.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Delayed flight
No explanation
No announcements
Incredibly rude staff at the gate
NEVER FLY THIS ROUTE!
They honestly could not care less if they tried - use Bristol Aer Lingus - roughly the same price and without the rudeness!

1  Thank Berksvisitor