“Very disappointed”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Our seats that had been preassigned months ago were changed without explanation. When we complained in Melbourne we were told the Hobart staff should not have moved us. The excuse that we were given was due to a medical condition... the people we saw in our seats looked fine and were clearly friends or family of the checkin staff. Not good enough Virgin.

1  Thank wombatdavid

Reviewed 20 March 2017

1. Lunch time flight at 1pm - no meal offered, only given a bite sized muesli bar. No tea or coffee being served. Their excuse? "It's only a 1 hr flight".
2. "Cowboy" pilot conducted an overspeed landing, coming in WAY too fast & landing with a huge screech & thud. (Yes, I fly planes). Several passengers near me were very frightened. The lady next to me was in the "brace" position, expecting to crash. If this wasn't so serious, it'd be comical.

You've lost me, Virgin Australia. I'm sticking with Qantas.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Surprised by the edible food, well done! Small plane, felt a bit constricted. Flight but was smooth and on time, staff helpful & service good. Food has improved considerably.
Need to have inflight electronic equipment because not everyone carries their own.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The only saving grace on this forgettable trip was the crew, who were excellent. The aircraft used by Virgin for this leg was a 737-800 which was totally unsuitable for a 6hour flight. The seating was cramped, even by Asian domestic standards, the food rubbish and the toilet facilitues grossly inadequate. (2 toilets to serve 170 odd passengers). We are returning on the full service Garuda Indonesia flight which incidentally has 10 toilets to serve 180 economy class passengers and all I can say is thank God!! I have given Virgin 2 out of 5 for this flight and that was thanks only to a great crew.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Short flight but great customer service by Emma, the stewardess on board. I was seated in the exit seat and she welcomed all as we boarded the plane with a smile and greeting. Her attentiveness to any passenger requiring assistance was welcomed with a smile. An asset to the Virgin Australian airline establishment. A great experience since the last time I flew with Virgin domestically in 2005.