“What a refreshing change form my normal air travel experience”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 16 December 2017

What a nice change from European and American airlines not to get screwed around at every single opportuinity for absolutley no good reason. I have taken 4 internal flights in Austrailia with Virgin Australia and its actually like flying was 15 years ago, a pleasure. Thank you Virgin Australia.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,851)

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Virgin Australia is always great but this flight I was travelling with pets. The service received for two nervous dogs was wonderful - firstly, at the drop-off point at ADL airport (staff was kind and patient). Then, walking across the air-bridge to board the aircraft, I could see my pets in their cage waiting to be loaded. One of the baggage handlers, Shane, was talking to and patting my dogs while they waited and the noise level would have been high; he was wonderful and I wrote to VA to tell them how pleased I was with the treatment. (Made me feel better!) Collection point at MEL was staffed with obvious animal lovers and my two babies arrived in a very happy state. Thank you, Virgin Australia. PS. You can trust VA with your pets.

1  Thank Maggie R
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Check in was painless. Flight left on time. Definitely not enough leg room but can be tolerated as it was a short flight. Lucky we had free wifi. No meals.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

I flew from Perth to Sydney on 29 November 2017 night time. It was my few times taking a domestic flight in Australia. The flight is about 5 hours duration.
Firstly, I like to comment on plane which is an AirBus with 2 seats on each side of the plane and 4 sears in the centre. The seat is ok to sit in provided the person in front of you doesn’t move his seat backwards. If he did, you will have a problem watching the tiny tv screen in front of you and it is truly uncomfortable because he is intruding into your seating space in the front making your space very very tight and uncomfortable and too uncomfortable to watch the tiny tv in front which is about a feet away. There this is a disadvantage of this Virgin Australia plane which flew the Perth to Sydney route.
Secondly, I would like to comment on the services provided on this domestic flight. You will be served one meal and a drink during this 5 hours flight. The meal is inside a disposable paper box. The meal is ok. However if after the meal, you want a hot chocolate, you need to pay $3 AUD. If you request for a blanket because it’s a bit cold, it’s $10 AUD.
It’s like a budget domestic airline but slightly better because you can check in one luggage bag of up to 23 kg as free baggage allowance.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Flight was delayed leaving and I think the ground staff could have handled the situation a little better. Once in the air - we loved the new Economy X option that we paid to upgrade to. Worth the $$. Food options and variety were good. Not many snacks / bevvies to choose from during the flight from the 'help yourself snack bar'. Disappointingly it took the airline close to 50 minutes to bring our bags to the carousel after arrival which made for a shorter than expected connection time with our domestic flight