“Room for Improvement”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Overall our flight from Perth to Brisbane was trouble free from check in to baggage collection at our destination. However, I feel there is room for improvement with the meal service provided on the flight. There used to be 2 carts serving but this has been cut back to one. We were seated in row 18 and by the time it reached us they had already ran out of the most popular choice of meal and the meal that was served was just warm. The drinks cart follows the food one but was quite a way behind. By the time it reached us we had finished our meal and the tea also was not hot. My advice would be to take some food with you in case you can’t get a choice of meal you like , especially if you are seated towards the rear of the plane.

2  Thank Pat M
Write a reviewReviews (11,527)

Reviewed 12 March 2020

I've always flown with Virgin as they're on time, friendly, good price and love the service. However, on this occasion I was utterly disappointed when my luggage came back damaged. Not knowing the procedure, hubby & I thought we'll check out why the handle doesn't come up when we get home. Little did we know that the metal rods were snapped (brand new bag too). Went to place of purchase & they said its from baggage handlers. Wrote to Virgin and told them together with images. Got a reply that the claim is not accepted as it wasn't reported at the airport and also within the alloted time frame. (sent email a week after the trip). How disappointing. We have learnt a little lesson, that if you get your bag off the conveyor belt and its not right, REPORT IT STRAIGHT AWAY. Baggage handlers are awful and should be put into stocks. Luckily I didn't have anything fragile in my bag. Will be checking my luggage from now on before I leave the airport

Date of travel: March 2020
Reviewed 12 March 2020

Great service, nice stsff. Was able to upgrade to Premium Economy for a decent price so I could have more led room. Snack is very small, but surprisingly filling and quite tastey.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank Julia L
Reviewed 12 March 2020

Let me start with the good. I flew with Virgin Australia on all 3 flights I took within Australia: Sydney-Melbourne-Hamilton Island-Sydney. I chose VA mainly to get miles since I am a Skymiles member (Their fares were higher than their competitor). All 3 flights departed on time and the crew were friendly. I was surprised by their in flight domestic service. My fare included 1 checked bag which was a plus. My only complained is that they didn't inform me that I needed to say my boarding pass in order to collect the miles. Until this day, I am still going back and forth with VA to get the miles credited to my SM account.

Now, Delta Air line co shared my flight from LAX to SYD on Virgin Australia. All I have to say that it was the poorest cabin service I ever experience on a long haul. Poor quality (and quantity) of food and beverage service. VA domestic service is way superior than its international. I highly recommend you book this very long haul flight on a Delta operated flight which their main cabin service is super.

Reviewed 12 March 2020

Average flight for work, with seat pocket holding previous passengers rubbish. No built in screens and the iPad that hardly works.
Meal service was stock standard, however when asked for a second drink of red wine was told you will have to pay for a second drink. Next flight will be Qantas, who have no issue with giving you a second drink and will even throw in crackers and cheese.
Need to watch that Virgin......

• Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.