“the out ward bound flight was late, as was the inward flight.”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

the lack of organisation in loading in both directions made the flight over 1 hour late The seats on the outward flight didn't recline which I was pleased about (being tall) I find it very uncomfortable (I feel crushed) the return flight was a newer airbus which allowed you a tiny recline which was ok still The food on board was good for air line food. However the toilets were down some stairs with 1 hour to go to landing they became very busy I was barked at by cabin crew to move down , I am not large in width but found myself opposite a toilet door the person inside had reat difficulty getting out. (I wonder if she would have been so rude had I been a premium customer I think not!

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,013)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have travelled with Thomas Cook previously, but on this occasion we were totally unimpressed. We might just as well have booked the hotel and flights independently and took taxis to the airport and back.
We had checked in online and printed our boarding passes – “to save time”, but the queue was a combination of baggage drop off and check in and it took from 6:30 to 7:30am to drop off our bags. The queue was even longer when we left and they had just started to open up more check in counters. Not good enough.

On arrival at Gran Canaria airport, we joined a queue to speak to a Thomas Cook rep, who handed us a sheet of paper with a coach number and aisle number and pointed roughly in the direction where we would find said coach. The coach was ancient and there was no rep on board, who may have been able to assist on our arrival at the hotel. With daughter and two year old tired Grandson, we were faced with a flight of steps or a long ramp to drag our cases, bags, buggy etc. into the hotel reception. Fortunately, we were assisted by fellow passengers.

On our return, the following week, the coach picked us up half hour late and by the time we had queued to check in, there was barely 50 minutes before we were due to take off. We bought water for the flight and headed straight to the boarding gate. So, our flight is called, we have bags, toddler in buggy and his trunkie with toys in for the flight and after having our boarding pass and passport checked we went though the door only to find that it didn’t lead to a corridor, but to three flights of narrow stairs. Again we were fortunate in that there were passengers who helped us down the stairs. Surely we should have been directed to a lift. A 15 minute sardine bus ride took us to our plane.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This was a great trip I am getting to be a frequent flyer. This was one of the best I've been on for some time. Stewards were great, quick service, pleasant smile lovely people. We were on time going and on return. Couldn't fault. Will try to book with them next time

Reviewed 30 March 2018

The outbound flight was a little late in leaving but once up in the air, no complaints. The staff were lovely and friendly and it was a good flight. The inbound flight was delayed for just over an hour, no announcement was made at all. It was only that other passengers announced the flight was delayed for approximately an hour that we all found out. To me that is poor customer service. When we finally got seated on the plane, it was explained the plane had had to come from Manchester to collect us, i believe this was due to a member of staff being unwell. Once the flight was on its way, it was fine and again the staff were very nice and it was a good flight.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Another flight with Thomas Cook and another problem...this time they did not have the correct pilot to fly into Innsbrook airport so we were diverted to Saltzburg which added another hour to our transfer to the hotel. So instead of a 60 minute transfer it was over 120 minutes. Most annoying we were not told of the change until a few hours before take off. This airline cannot get thing right.