“Still the best option”
Review of Azul

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Still the best option but the food was not as good as before. The configuration is still comfortable but just 2 bath rooms for the executive cabins is not enough.
The separate bus for the executive passengers is a good improvement. Flight attendants were nice.
Forcing passengers to fly with 23 Kg bags is ridiculous. Azul and TAP (same owners) benefit of the me monopoly of direct flights to and from Portugal and benefit from the ridiculous ruling of ANAC that allows that new rule. Not only now bags can only carry 23 Kg the prices went up mor than 30%.
Good option fly Air France, KLM and Swiss that still have the 32 Kg allowance.
Ridiculous. My wife flew the week after also on Azul with 2 bags one with 25 Kg. At check in they threaten to charge that bag when she had the right to travel with 3 bag x 23 = 69 Kg. As a "favour" they accepted that bag.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This company may serves you some drinks and snacks free of charge but that's the only good thing about it. It started at the Check in. I can speak 4 languages but the women there was only able to speak portuguese. Not english nor spanish. After all we tried to communicate and she told me that we would not have an included luggage and we'd have to pay for it. On our confirmation you could see that we had 23kg of luggage included but as it was in german she would not believe me. However as we are packpacking I just decided to take the backpack to the cabin as I didn't want to argue with that woman anymore. The whole flight there was not a single flight attendant who could speak english or spanish. In Porto Alegre then we had to change the plane. There were absolutely no sings to tell us where to go so we went to the information desk. Also there no english and no spanish. I had to get really angry with the lady until she was calling for someone who would speak english. After 10 minutes of waiting a guy came and told us how to get to the international part of the airport. (we had to take the bus, again no signs) On the international flight again not a single flight attendant could talk to me in english or spanish. Maybe we had bad luck but in my point of view at least at the international flight there should be flight attendants who are able to communicate in more than one language.

2  Thank Tamara W
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Good, fast, clean airplane, but sometimes not refilled with the on-board magazine. educated staff, usually on time

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I have traveled with Azul a couple of times as I go to Brazil every year to visit my family. They used to have stellar service and weren't incredibly expensive. As they grew they started charging a lot more and service began to decline.

This last flight I took might be my last one. There are other options out there where the company might care about the customer.

I confirmed my seats on the phone and at the gate, and the company added more flight attendants last minute and told me to change my seat from aisle and window to middle seat. I was upset because I did everything I could to have decent seats but they did not care. At all.

I thought there would be some saving grace after I got back and contacted them, but the only response I received from them was that this is their legal policy and it's ok for them to change anyone's seat at any time to accommodate additional flight attendants. Barely an apology. No compensation. NOTHING.

I have never experience such neglectful customer service. Both at the plane and afterwards.

3  Thank Bia H
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Departing from Viracopos Airport is way more convenient and faster than doing it in Guarulhos, even tough the distance is bigger from São Paulo city centre. And I am 1,93m tall, so I bought the economy class' extra space, which made my flight to Europe much more comfortable than usually. The in-flight services are also very nice.

1  Thank ferdarcie