“Love the cabins with rainbow lights” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scoot

21 helpful votes
“Love the cabins with rainbow lights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2016

Booking process is quite a pain because the fares are never consistent especially when compared to the sale prices advertised, but once in a while you do snag an awesome deal... Especially great for budget flights to Australia (there seems to be more legroom than the Asia-bound flights) and once I flew in the cabin with rainbow lights and it was so pretty.

• Travelled February 2016

Toronto, Canada
16 helpful votes
“Tokyo to Taipei”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2016

Good cheap flight, efficient. No frills flying. Meals come with exactly what you ordered nothing less and no changes in drinks allowed.

Travel Tip: They brought me a coke with my meal. I asked for a sprite instead. They, advised they could not change to any other drink.
See more travel tips
  • Travelled September 2015
Singapore, Singapore
24 helpful votes
“Could Have Been Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

First of all, I would like to applaud the Scoot flight for flying Airbus. But probably things to improve while flying on Business class is to have unlimited drinks regardless even if it's plain water. And the seat is not very comfortable. I've been on other budget airlines which was also a Business Class & I got free flow drinks anytime. I was quite surprised that Scoot charges even Mineral water. Their only free water was a small covered cup which you can finished in 1 gulp. Water is essential which should not be charged be it in whichever class you travel. Staffs are friendly though. Suggestions, maybe Scoot can provide free flow of drinks/ water since we don't have any tv/videos to watch unlike non budget airlines

Travelled June 2016
1 Thank FYLP2202
Perth, Australia
79 helpful votes
“Don't bother paying to choose your seat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2016

Scoot may be cheap but the timings are not fantastic and do not fly everyday. On top of that, on two separate occasions, I paid to choose my seat, but did was not given my seat! When I ask for a refund, the desk personnel at Perth airport said she can't do it for me and I had to bring it up to the airline itself. Yet, she refused to change my seat to the one I selected! Their Perth ground staff needs better customer service training! It happened for my return flight from Singapore but the staff was polite and immediately changed my seat. However, since I've paid for it, I don't understand how a wrong seat can be issued to me. Their system needs upgrading too! Even flight crew performed poorly. Rushing around, trying to avoid eye contact when you try to get their attention. Ordered a meal with a drink but instead of coke, I wanted diet coke. It was the same price but the crew refused to change it for me. And later, I was told I should have chosen tea! But I wasn't given a choice. The crew just left the meal and coke on my table and rushed off without asking me of my beverage choice. I fly only for the cheap price and I have given up on paying extra to choose my seat. If you zero-ed your expectations, you might enjoy it.

Travel Tip: Expect nothing
See more travel tips
  • Travelled May 2016
Singapore, Singapore
51 helpful votes
“Good for a Budget Airline”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2016

Not bad for a budget airline. Good for short flights, comparable to Tigerair. As with all budget airlines, take it if you don't mind the cramped seat and legroom, but if you want comfort, look elsewhere.

• Travelled July 2016