“Flight delay on both outgoing and return trips”
Review of Scoot (inc tigerair Singapore)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My outgoing flight was TR892 and returning flight was TR997. In both flights, I reached my destinations about 30 min later than the scheduled time.
For TR892, I had to take a shuttle service from the boarding gate to the airplane and climbed up a flight of stairs to reach the airplane. This is the first time that I had such a poor boarding experience in Singapore.
For TR997, the check-in counter was only opened 2.5 hour before flight time, although my itinerary clearly stated that "check in opens 3 hours and closes 1 hour before departure time". The staff explained that because it is small plane and they do not require such a long time for check-in. In that case, please state clearly in the flight itinerary!
I have taken budget airlines not less than 5 times and this is my worst experience...

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Since B787 is a newer aircraft with the smart window,the flight crew should at least
tell the passengers what to do. I sat on the aisle seat and the window in front was not darkened and the sun was shining into my face. Actually most of the window were not darkened until a later stage.

I told the attendant about it and she said that the window passenger preferred to keep it bright. After she spoke to the passenger the window was finally darkened.

Actually I thought the windows will automatically darken when the sun shines in. Unfortunately they do not and require the window passenger to manually activate it.

I hope Scoot will take the necessary action.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The service was very good both at check in and inflight. New, clean aircraft. The food ordered online as an extra was good. We chose the "Scoot in Silence" & "Max your Space" options on the return flight. A very good choice for getting some sleep on a night flight. The Max your Space option allows you to purchase an extra seat (if available) and the Scoot in Silence is a kids free zone at the front of the aircraft. The seats however were a big let down & have very thin padding & we found them less comfortable than other aircraft. Scoot also do not offer seat back entertainment, but you can pay extra to stream Scoot TV onto your own device. The flight was delayed 4 hrs flying out of Sydney but the ground staff were very helpful & issued complimentary food vouchers. All in all for a budget airline with super cheap flights, fantastic value for money, overall it was a good experience and we would fly with them again.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I will not bore you with the details of what transcribed as I am sure the airline will have plenty to counter as reasons for their incompetence. The issue I have is their lack of regard for the customers' comfort, value for their time and money and poor communication during a flight delay. What was originally a mechanical/technical delay, ended up being a customer service issue when some local passengers decided they wanted off the flight, AFTER the technical issue had been resolved. The first item being a safety issue (aircraft will not fly if item was not fixed) and the second a security issue ( passengers deciding last minute, they want off, means ALL baggage needs to be offloaded as well). Scoot did a very poor job of updating us of what was going on while we sat on board at the gate, the last minute decision of the Capt to ok the passengers who wanted off, the decision to allow all passengers to sit comfortably at the gate area and make our OWN personal calls to follow up on flight connections and hotel bookings. When we were finally ready to leave, while the engineer or ramp guys were completing final paper work with the deck crew, the ground and flight crew were giddily laughing away in the front area of the plane while we hapless, hungry, tired folks sat in our teeny, tiny 18-inch wide seats. I would have had a leisurely 3+ hour connection in Changi Airport; instead I missed my connection and waited 5-6 more hours for another one to get me to my final destination.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly staffs and a smooth flight!

Small team, however, displayed team effort and knowledgeable on how to handle passengers' belongings. Though it is a budget airline, safety and security is 100% adhered. Pilot's skill is shown on take off and landing. We were 15 mins ahead of schedule.