“great for the prize”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Good help at counter registration, flight left on time they still provided a light lunch on board and soda, beer or tequila for free.

1  Thank Jose M
Write a ReviewReviews (5,005)

Reviewed 11 December 2017

On my flight back to Germany I reserved in advance this flight from oax-mex for 07.00pm. I arrived at 05.00pm at the airport Oaxaca and during the check in they told me that the plane will leave one hour later. Inside in front of the gate a bit later the staff gave out the information, that the flight is delayed because of the heavy traffic in cdmx international. There is always a lot of traffic there, so I am sure that this wasn't the real reason. Finally we started at 09:00pm to Mexico City. Because of the early flight next day of Lufthansa to Munich I had a reservation in the airport hotel and no connection problem the same night. The Lufthansa left nearly in time the next morning although heavy fog was above the airport.

1  Thank Ralf K
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Don't even know where to start and I really wish people reading my review would take it seriously and save themselves a couple of thousand dollars and a heart attack.

On November 30th my husbands mom passed away and we had to buy 3 last minute flight tickets( my husband, my daughter and myself) I had promised myself to never used this airline before since we have had so many issues already but was the only tickets we found to get to the funeral on "time" we left Vancouver November 30th planning to arrive to our destination Dec 1st at 12pm which was good, but to our surprise right before getting to Mexico they said they had to go to another airport because mexico city was closed due to weather issues, WHAT WEATHER?? it was a big lie the pilots were on strike and they were lying to people just so they didn't have to give any compensation, hundreds of people lost their connecting flights including us and it was just a chaos at the airport, we had to line up for hours and hours until finally got to the counter just to be told they were sending us on a late flight the next day, WE TOLD THEM ABOUT US NEEDING TO LEAVE THAT DAY FOR THE FUNERAL but they did not care at all and said there is nothing we can do, 1 of the managers come out and did not show a dime of sympathy. desperate needing to get to our destination we had to buy tickets with AVIANCA from mexico to central america we spent another 2,632.92 on tickets from mexico to our destination just so we could make it on time, I have try contacting them and said I have to send emails and will take up to 10 days for them to answer. At this point I'm not even sure if they will ever answer:(

3  Thank vanessalndvrd
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Payng more than $1,500 dlls for a round trip between Mex and Detroit would not give a Gold Club premier member not even the right to select a decent seat, leave along the possibility of an upgrade. After calling 7, 3 and 1 days before my flight I requested a seat change from the rearmost window seat on the plane. It was not possible. Every agent leaves the hassle to the next one until you have no other choice. They prefer to assign the seats to the people that at last time to the plane. Terrible.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

I went from Portland to Mexico City with Delta Airlines... all good and according to plan. My departure from Mexico City to Buenos Aires was on time and according to plan, but my return flight from Buenos Aires was a disaster. The boarding was delayed by two hours and once boarded sat in the plane for nearly one hour before being told the flight is canceled -- some problem with the airplane. It took over an hour of wandering through the airport before we were led to the ticket counter for exploring options to rebook a flight for a later time. The good part of this story is that once at the ticket counter (after an hour of waiting in the line), I was pleasantly pleased with the service. Got new flights for the next day and great accommodations for the day. So, after all that would I fly with Aero Mexico? Yes, the overall service is reasonable -- mechanical issues can come up with any airline - the initial response was very poor and they were not prepared for that, but it got better fast. My only other dislike is their online seat selection and check-in... after making numerous attempt, I had to wait to get to the airport counter because their website was not working.

1  Thank amad d