“good flight, above average service”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 31 January 2016

The service was fine, nothing over the top. We flew direct, but during our 2.5 hour journey we were offered only one drink. The plane was full and the carry-on luggage filled the compartments overhead. I found the plane neither too hot nor too cold which was as it should be. Remarkably we experienced very little turbulence landing in Denver!

Date of travel: December 2015
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (18,317)

Reviewed 31 January 2016

As an expat Canadian who has travelled extensively for both business and leisure, I have probably logged closed to half a million miles with Air Canada so far. Though lately, due to my London base and more easterly travel requirements, I have been spending more time aboard other airlines but still try to fly AC whenever I head to/from the Great White North. Air Canada continues to be a solid performer with consistently good hard and soft products. Canadians like to diss AC in favour of other discount airlines but AC always feels like a piece of Canada to me. Flying domestically, the economy class product is more than good enough for up to a 5-hour sector. In the 9-across 777, overseas flights are more than tolerable and you can do worse with other airlines. But I am not liking what I've heard about the 10-across economy in the high density 777s or 9-across in the rather cramped 787s. I fly business class (usually on Aeroplan points these days when no one else is paying) when I can, and it is still a top-notch product compared to other flag carriers. The harringbone flatbed layout in the A333 (my most recent trip) and non-high-density 777s is still my favourite. I have yet to come across a bad Maple Leaf lounge (third party/shared lounges notwithstanding). The cabin crew are generally efficient and friendly (if you proactively do the same). And they make a killer caesar with real clamato!

Date of travel: March 2015
2  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed 30 January 2016

We were in the front few first rows of economy. I asked the steward if we would see the Andes mountain range, he said we'd passed it. In fact we had not. It was spectacular and why the captain doesn't come on the speakers and say we are flying over the range as we were coming into land so the plane was maybe at 20,000 feet or less, not normal cruising range. It really was a great site as we only had one window seat I went into a business class seat to look. I was grateful the crew let me sit there for ten minutes to look out the window at this once only view for me

Reviewed 30 January 2016

for the most part it was a good flight .but now that air canada is starting to fit out their planes with leather seats it is going to be very uncomfortable for me to fly with this airline

Reviewed 30 January 2016

We traveled with AC Vacations and paid for a transfer from the hotel to the airport in Ixtapa, Mexico. The day of departure the transfer didn't show up. We were the only ones waiting for the transfer and the hotel bellmen were frantically trying to call ACV. Finally after the transfer being 20 minutes late, we called a taxi ($30 US). When we told ACV back in Canada, they said the Mexican rep for ACV said we were late and left in the taxi before the transfer arrived. They lied. We didn't want a refund (it's written in the paperwork - No refunds after departure). It was just disappointing to have the Canadian ACV rep not believe us. Just say 'I believe you and we're sorry'. Easy peasy. Instead you get this review.