“Avoid airlines from USA; take Copa or Taca”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I spend winter in tropical countries when cold/snow arrives in Canada, and stay there a few months, usually from November to April, every year. I used to leave Canada with Air Canada then transfer (connection) to an American airline such as Continental or AA, then to Costa Rica or Guatemala. But everytime, I went through the customs in cities such as Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, for a connection, I have been treated rudely by the agents. They are not polite, rough language, ask stupid questions such as "Why don't you study Spanish at home?", lack respect and inspect my luggage uselessly, (once 3 times my computer within one hour), Once I was not allowed to board because I had my toe on the yellow line. I sometimes felt being viewed and treated as a criminal. So to avoid these stressful connection flights, I take flights with NO stops in USA, that is, NO more american airline companies. In the last 4 years, I flew from and to Canada only with Copa or Taca Airlines who give me a very relaxed trip with services such as extra luggage and in-flight free meals, thus avoiding american stopovers. They are Star Alliance partners with Air Canada.I know many Canadians who also avoid stopovers in USA. Now I travel with security, respect and peace of mind.

Date of travel: April 2017
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (26,981)

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Good service. Boarding, disembarking were quick and easy. Had some checked luggage for 2 year old grand child travelling in our party. Had no problems. Friendly courteous airline staff. This was the smoothest of all flights of upward of 70 that I have been on. The aircraft was very clean. I purchased a sandwich at a reasonable price. Seats were a bit hard. Overall this was a very good experience. I always approach travel expecting good things and that is what I receive.

Date of travel: June 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Service was good, I asked for the vegan meal and it was good, leg space was Ok and movie selection was decent. Overall the price and what I got was good. Staff was nice, sevice was timely.

Date of travel: April 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The stewardesses were not very friendly, there was no food offered at all only water, coffee, tea or soft drink. Flight was very smooth and we had some shows, music or movies to choose from.

Date of travel: August 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Twice went through passengers with food and drinks. Then again with water. Entertainment was awesome without having to rent an Ipad. Seats are comfortable and legroom is very good for economy class. The head holders that fold to hold your head so you can have a nap are great.

Date of travel: August 2017
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.