“East to West was a far more preferable route across the Pond”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 19 October 2017

With several other seats being empty I decided to move from a #1 to a #3 thereby having advantage of an additional seat space to spread out. Seat Guru rated the front seats best 'in the house' though not sure that I would agree with that rating. Unfortunately those seats on this specific flight are, consideringf their width and reclining amount, not a great improvement from Economy / Economy Plus. The service was excellent and the choices of food being a la carte, was a vast improvement over the West to East segment. The ubiquitous booties, eye shades and toothbrush/paste were distributed. The blanket was a big plus as I did find it cooler, having just spent a month in 25ºC+ temperatures. The wine selection was average but certainly not a good pairing with my Pasta.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,305)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Air Canada cancelled our flight from Savannah to Toronto AFTER we were scheduled to leave, and we could not be re-booked until the next day. Due to the cancellation, we were not able to make it to our Airbnb the first night. Our Airbnb hosts graciously agreed to refund a portion of the first night when they did not have to do that. We were told by the gate agents to email Air Canada as the company only handles claims through email. I emailed the details and received a response offering a 30% discount on future travel with Air Canada. That sounds wonderful, right? It would be if the limitations imposed didn't require me to spend thousands of dollars more with Air Canada to use it. When I replied with my concerns, I received another email stating that the offer was a "goodwill gesture" and was fair. How is forcing me to pay thousands of dollars to the same company that provided terrible service in the first place fair? Fair is compensating me for the money I lost, and a good will gesture is offering me a discount as compensation for the vacation days we lost from work, and for our already short vacation getting cut shorter. What is even more insulting that this "goodwill gesture"? Being told that continuing to email back and forth is a waste of my time because the decision is made. So, save yourself the headache and do not fly Air Canada. The only thing this airline is good for is taking your money, ruining your travel plans, and dismissing the very customers that keep them in business.

P.S. - If you fly out of Toronto, expect to walk 10 miles to the gate and then be forced to sit on the floor while you wait to board the plane.

3  Thank Pdub0
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Specifically booked with Air Canada because past trips were always great, this trip... not so much. Seems the seats are more cramped, less leg space, less room in the seat and the food was unidentifiable. The gate area in Toronto is atrocious! Not nearly enough remove for the capacity of the plane, and free for all when boarding.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

It had been a while since I traveled from Toronto (YYZ) to Narita Tokyo (NRT), but tickets to Haneda Tokyo (HND) was overly expensive, and so I decided to use NRT as my entrance port. Besides, Air Canada is planning to launch a direct flight from my home airport (YUL) to NRT next year, and so I wanted to see how things are in NRT. The aircraft was a 787, and I sat in Premium Economy (PE).

As usual, the boarding process at YYZ was a bit chaotic, and many around me were not sure where the line was.

On board, there were several empty seats in PE, which added further comfort to the flight. I was later welcomed by the service director, who was very nice. The service by the cabin crew was efficient and warm. I had the Cajun chicken for dinner, which is actually not that bad, compared with the other meals served in PE.

Overall, a very comfortable and efficient flight, with excellent service from the cabin crew, and especially the service director. Combined with the superb service for my previous flight from YUL to YYZ, a first five star for Air Canada from me!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We flew Air Canada for the first time in September, from Heathrow to Vancouver and although the actual flight was quite good, the check in on both sides was atrocious.

We had requested Special Needs assistance as my wife is in a wheelchair, and although we had checked in online before we reached the airport so all we needed to do at Heathrow was to drop our bags off and get the wheelchair tagged to take to the plane door – this ended up taking almost 2 hours!!

There were not enough staff available on the desks, although there were many other staff just milling about, none of them seemed willing to help each other. We were 2nd in the line when we arrived but there was a problem with a group in front of us, which took over 40 minutes to sort out – and although the staff member asked if their colleague on the next desk could help us as she wasn’t busy, she was completely ignored. We ended up waiting for the issue to be resolved before being served.

Considering we arrived 3 hours before our flight, we were actually left with less than an hour once through…frustrating as it could so easily have been resolved had the Air Canada staff being willing to help each other.

1  Thank TonyT67