“Lost Luggage and No Customer Service”
Review of Air France

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family was flying from Atlanta to Birmingham, England, through Charles de Gaulle (Paris). Of our four bags, only one arrived on time. During the next six days in England we tried multiple times every day to contact someone about our lost luggage. No one cared. We had a tracking number, but the tracking system was continually outdated and inaccurate. One of our bags arrived two days late and another five days late. It turns out that the last bag was put on our flight home with us, probably having sat at CDG for the entire trip. We were told by numerous people along the way that CDG is a black hole for luggage and that Air France does not care. We can verify that based on our experience.

3  Thank AndreLePlume
Write a ReviewReviews (20,244)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first time flying Air France and it was a great experience!

The food was so good, I asked for another buttery roll, and the flight attendant gave me a whole other tray full of food! Afterward, they handed out candies!

Please note: If you pay extra for a two seater instead of a three seater, that does not necessarily mean extra leg room. It was fine but I thought I had paid for more leg room.

It was very comfortable and a pleasant flight! Highly recommend! ♥

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This trip consisted of three legs: Victoria, BC, Canada to Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA to De Gaulle Airport, Paris, France: and then to De Gaulle to Dublin.

The first two legs were very good. I should mention at this point I have osteo-arthritis in both knees and long walks cause me pain.

However when we got to De Gaulle as we left the aircraft we asked an airport official where the gate was for our next leg to Dublin.
We were told B41; we got to that gate - a ten minute walk and about 30 min prior to boarding time - nobody was there. The airport departure boards were not helpful.
We went down to around B 30; there was an Air France official there dealing on the phone with a customer problem. At a pause in the conversation, I told him we were on the flight to Dublin departing in about 15 minutes. He said gate B2, again about a 10 minute walk away and we were toting our luggage at this point. When we got to the gate, I was wiped, I asked the boarding agent for assistance in boarding as we had to walk down a back and forth ramp to get to the aircraft. A wheelchair would have been good at this point. I was told none was available - is this how disabled passengers are treated by Air France? and/or Charles De Gaulle airport??

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On time, reasonably priced, roomy seats, good in fight entertainment, excellent food, plenty of drinks, attentive and happy staff

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked with Air France, but turns out they code share with Flybe, who managed to lose my luggage not once, but twice in 3 days! Air France - don't care, Flybe's problem. You seemed happy enough to take my money for the flight though!
Flight from Paris to Southampton and my bag didn't arrive, Flybe decided that 10 passengers on this flight didn't need their luggage. Had to board cruise ship that afternoon, was told luggage would catch up to ship in Barcelona. Get to Barcelona, no luggage, it was lost somewhere between Southampton and Barcelona (was going through Alcante). Last known scan was in Southampton going on plane to Alcante. Where is the system to keep track of unaccompanied luggage? Now Flybe claim they don't have any idea where it is, and don't seem to reply to any emails.
WHERE IS MY BAG!????
Air France basically take no responsibility, even though they took my money. Maybe you should reconsider the airlines you code share with!

4  Thank Oldie_11