“Excellent”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I cannot speak highly enough of the great service we received from Air New Zealand on both the outbound and inbound flights. The staff were amazing. I will definitely fly with them again.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,285)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew from Colombo Sri Lanka to Rarotanga Cook Islands on 26th June 2018 with 3 connecting flights.

First flight was from Colombo to Singapore (Singapore Airlines 469) was as we have expected with great service. Our second & third flights (NZ 281 & NZ 746) were operated by Air New Zealand. We had a layover for 10h 20m at the Auckland Airport and we were expecting a greater service but were disappointed in few ways.

Our total travel time was 29 hours and that was very tiring as we had to wait at the Auckland Airport for 10h 20m. We reached the Auckland Airport at 1025pm on 26th June 2018 and the next flight was at 845am on 27th June 2018. We had to search for a representative of Air New Zealand at the counter as we didn’t have the boarding passes for our third flight and we were asked to find a corner and sleep! The whole night which was one of the coldest nights in New Zealand after several years we had to wait on the chairs as we were not provided launch facility. We heard that the launch facility is not available for economy class travelers. We were disappointed! How many travelers get long layovers at Auckland Airport specially when flying with Air New Zealand? As we have noticed it was very few. Then why not arrange launch facility for these few travelers? Or an exception on cold nights or for travelers who travel for more than 24 hours. We were totally disappointed and we were so tired the next day. In NZ 746 we were given the last seats and couldn’t even stretch our legs or adjust the seat! This day we had an official meeting in Rarotanga and we were not in our good spirits.
The next disappointment! We received our luggage (4 pieces) only at Rarotangan Airport. One of our luggage was damaged. We bought new luggage especially for this trip as it was a long journey. We don’t know from which end our luggage got damaged. Maybe with Singapore Airlines or with Air New Zealand. Finally the damage was to us. Our expectations were very high when we booked with these airlines but finally we ended up with disappointment.
Our humble request from you is not to leave your travelers like this in cold days with long traveling times when you had empty comfortable launches. These small acts really matters.

1  Thank Dilshanee D
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I paid extra for a seat with "The Works". This meant that I was guaranteed an empty seat beside me, seat selection prior to check-in, entertainment and a meal. Although the flight wasn't long it still made it much more comfortable.

The check-in process and boarding process was easy. The staff were polite.

If available and not too expensive, I would fly with Air New Zealand again including paying for the works upgrade.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We travelled to Rarotonga recently with Air New Zealand, economy class on the new Boeing 787-9.
Being a new plane it was immaculate as you would expect, the seats maybe a little narrow buy the extra legroom makes up for that.
I have travelled quite a lot over the years and on many different airlines and I have to say the staff on Air New Zealand were the most outstanding I have come across for years.
Our flight from Sydney left about 10 Pm at night,we were offered a meal, that was more than edible, it was delicious. Tea, coffee and alcoholic beverages were offered on numerous occasions making for a pleasant flight.
Coming home, the flight staff had flown from Auckland to Raro, then on to Sydney making for a very long day, these guys worked like I’ve have never seen, the food kept coming,delicious again, more beverages than you could want, all delivered with big smiles and a nice word to everyone, all in such a professional manner, it was a delight, what a way to start and end our holiday to the Cook Islands.
Well done Air New Zealand, I hope you fly to wherever my next travels take me.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Air New Zealand run a quality domestic service. On-time, friendly and dependable. Clean planes and thoughtful staff. Thank you.