“No alcohol on board?!”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

I wasn’t expecting a complimentary drink, but no alcohol for a 3 hour flight is very poor. A real shame as my friends and I will choose a different airline for this reason alone - everything else was perfect! Nice planes, good legroom and nice staff....

Date of travel: May 2019
Write a reviewReviews (20,157)

Reviewed 13 May 2019

I'm flying to Brindisi with Al Italia in a few days time. When adding the API data I noticed that my name was incorrect, the short form was used rather than the full name. I called to ask to have this changed and had to pay £25 for the privilege and was told that they hoped they could do it in time. The woman on the phone was quite rude in her manner and made me feel like a fool.

I also paid extra to book seats but the seats were only booked on one leg of my two leg flight.

The preflight experience has been really poor and I am certainly not looking forward to flying with them.

2  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 13 May 2019

Alitalia started to fly from SA again last year. Were cheap flights to Europe
Overall we had a good flight. Food is not so great and no hard liquor.
Leg space not too bad.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank DOREEN S
Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

We were supposed to fly to Palermo but we had to cancel due to a sever illness of my mother-in-law. Even if we were flying economy and they were not obliged, Alitalia fully refunded us. Great customer service!

1  Thank MatildeP1987
Reviewed 12 May 2019

I was supposed to fly from Abu Dhabi and booked through Alitalia with a stopover in Rome. The first leg was with Emirates and secon with Delta. When checking-in, I was told that I cannot check in any bags (despite the ticket saying 2 check-ins) because apparently Alitalia would not be able to transfer the checked baggage from Emirates to Delta. I would need to go through immigration and re-check my bags in Rome and I didn’t have the schengen visa because I was just transiting like the dozens of other times I have transited through Europe and never have i faced such an issue! I wasn’t even given a boarding pass from emirates because they have no authority to give me a pass for the delta part of the journey! I have no idea how Alitalia could give a single ticket for two airlines that have no relationship and customer service was beyond rude and useless!!! In other words, they sold me a ticket as single ticket even though it’s technically two separate tickets!
Note: there was another passenger who booked the same route but through delta and delta shipped the luggage for free the next day for the error! Alitalia just didn’t want to fix the error let alone accept that they screwed up!!! Here I am stuck without any luggage and trying to figure out how to ship them home! They are a bunch of scamsters selling tickets that they should not be!

Date of travel: May 2019
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.