“Direct flight Milan Tokyo”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

And that is probably the best thing to commend this flight, the fact that it is the only direct one between Milan and Tokyo. 12 hours and something and you’re there!
The service is very normal but the space even in economy is comfortable.
The crew’s English is deplorable for an international flight.

Date of travel: April 2019
1  Thank SMLuvie
Write a reviewReviews (20,157)

Reviewed 17 May 2019

Note I listed Premium Economy as our class of service - well the day before our flight, we were told there was no Premium Economy on the aircraft due to an equipment change so we were now in Economy. Now you can’t tell me they didn’t know this more than one day before the flight! So we were moved from row 9 to row 43!! Then after a wonderful 18 day vacation in Italy, I was again called THE DAY BEFORE our flight home that the situation was the same. No wonder they are in bankruptcy!

Date of travel: April 2019
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Happy_Camper_2004
Reviewed 17 May 2019 via mobile

I flew with Alitalia serval of times and food was quiet good so I was surprised that on this flight the food was very bad, both the veggie and the regular.
Also I notice that was no snacks like in the other flights...and the price of the flight was not cheap.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank 75tamare
Reviewed 16 May 2019 via mobile

Alitalia flight AZ815 from Tel Aviv to Rome. The aircraft was clearly repurposed from its former function as a chicken battery for KFC, after it was declared unfit for occupation by poultry. There was a filthy back of the seat in front of me. There were the broken seats which are obligatory on Alitalia planes.

My wife did not receive the gluten-free meal she had ordered on booking. And the poor crew had to put up with a bunch of what I think were Israeli soldiers who mistook a flight for a social club, ignoring the crew's requests to them to sit down. Perhaps the innovation of putting on the "Fasten your seatbelt" sign might have compelled these yobs to sit down, more than the captain's feeble request.

The pasta salad was quite nice though.

3  Thank milnerton7441
Reviewed 15 May 2019

The check-in process online was absolutely horrible and they charged our credit card for a checked bag twice. After the horrible check in online process, the flights were okay and everything was on time. Make sure to check-in, because they do overbook flights and you do not want to get to the airport 3 hours early only to be told that you do not even have a seat even though you booked the flight 3 months ago! That happened to us on Vueling so now we check with every airline. All in all, if you can check in online and pick your seat, everything was great.

Date of travel: May 2019
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.