“ALLEGIANT FLIGHT”
Review of Allegiant Air

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We've flown with this airline many times, and have not encountered any real problems to date. Luggage has not been lost or damaged on any trip. Have been some minor delays due to weather at times.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I was trying to save a few bucks by flying through allegiant vs Hawaiian Airlines. When I booked I found it hard to skip the parts where you have to pay for seats, luggage and trip insurance, so I ended up buying all this stuff. I still saved $200 over Hawaiian Airlines. If you buy all the extras you get to board first. The seats are small and don’t recline so I found that annoying on a 6 hr flight. Bring a small pillow. It helps a bit. I brought my own food and bought a large drink in the airport to take with me. Much cheaper than buying on board.

1  Thank Vegasbum45
Reviewed 17 October 2017

After reading the overwhelmingly poor reviews for this airline I was very concerned when I booked my flights ... BUT ... I did my due diligence and READ the fine print. I think that is what is lacking in most of the reviews here - people expect to get 1st class for nothing. Read the fine print, read the cancellation policy and delay policy. Prepare for this possibility (as you're getting a cheap flight), but hope for the best. Our flights were EXCELLENT. Both flights (from Bangor and from Orlando) were 100% ON TIME - customer service in the airport and on the flight was excellent. Who cares if you have to pay $2 for a bottle of water? Totally worth it. The seats were comfortable for a short flight, the flight was very smooth. Pilot was very friendly! You pay for the bags you need... if you don't need them, you don't pay for them! My bag was 1.5 lbs over on the return and I was not charged extra - great customer service!! My family of 4 flew on a Saturday and returned on a Sunday for $1,100 USD - that's pretty great. I paid $8 both ways for drinks - I would take that over a $3,000 flight any day! Will definitely fly Allegiant again. Prepare for the possibility of delays (though I was mentally prepared our flights were on time!) but hope for the best! Thanks Allegiant!!! Oh... I will also mention that I did not pay to choose seats because I read in their policy that they do not separate parents from children so I was confidant that my husband and I would each be with a child .... we were all together both ways! It was excellent! Also... if you opt not to pay for seats, if you check in online and don't like your seats you can upgrade at that time. I was prepared for this, but again didn't have to worry about it as they sat us together! Since the airline flies between smaller airports the check in and security process was a complete breeze. Had checked luggage within 15 mins of getting off the plane!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was concerned after reading mixed reviews about Allegiant, however we had a great experience. No delays, both flights left promptly, friendly staff, and convenient location for pickup and drop off in Austin. Also the only straight through option for us. Would definitely take this flight again.

1  Thank TNMMansfield_Oh
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a no frills airline. They charge for checked luggage and carry-ons. You are allowed a laptop or purse for no charge. The weight limit per bag is only 40 pounds though.

By no frills, that's what they mean. No free beverages, not even coffee. The flight attendants wear jeans and t-shirts. This particular flight starts out at 7:26 am in Tampa, flies to Flint, MI, then returns and does the same flight in the afternoon. We flew on the MD-80 which is all one class. We sat in the front row so we had more leg room.

Allegiant allows Military including Veterans to board right after people with special needs. That was a nice touch.

1  Thank RWolver672