“Cheaper is more expensive!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Since year 2000 I have flown AA multiple times, I remember the days when there was no such thing as luggage fees, early boarding for luggage space.........

So when I booked a flight with AA for honeymoon trip to Maui I did not even think twice as my prior experiences have been excellent.

My wife had never flown outside of continental US thus I wanted to make sure her initial experience was enjoyable. Hence I got priority boarding, paid extra for luggage (which normally would be free at Southwest airline).

Preflight service: So the priority boarding turned out to be big waste of money since the airline decided to board earlier than scheduled time. We lost bin space, the main reason I paid extra for!!!!!

Flight: Boeing 757, twin aisle. Not enough bathrooms, not enough room to sit comfortably. TV screens were attached to the ceiling, no choice to choose your own channel.

In flight Service: flight crew got upset with me for requesting another coke (they had served one 2 hours earlier), she almost threw the glass at me. She was frowning that how dare I ask for another coke!!! other passengers also felt the same.

Bottom line: Just because the fare is cheap on Expedia doesn't mean your experience will be better, you need to read the fine print. AA is now so big that they don't care if the customer is suffering! It's not like you have very many choices as a consumer! This is very sad because my past experiences were much better.

Hard to forget this experience even 7 month later, since it was our honeymoon trip!

1  Thank bassora2017

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Thankfully, I don't have to fly American often. However, was recently flying from PSP to MSP, with an hour layover in PHX.

Their 4:50 pm PSP>PHX flight was delayed 50 mins. They quickly turned the plane around on the ground in PSP and we got to PHX with abt 10 mins to catch our 7 pm MSP flight. There were 5-6 of us making this same connection from PSP.

The MSP gate agent could have held the flight for 10 mins but, while we were all sprinting to the next concourse to try and catch it, sent it out. Same situation with DEN passengers, from our delayed PSP flight, going out of adjacent gate.

Re-booked on the red eye, 5 hours later, departing at 12 midnight. Gate agents and CS reps were incredibly UNhelpful through that whole process.

AA's red eye flight was then delayed about 30 mins b/c the crew did not arrive on time. We're finally onboard and flight attendant announces that we'll be delayed a little longer while they wait for some passengers who are on their way to try and catch this flight!

MSP passengers are upset that AA now decides to hold plane for connecting passengers. This is expressed to flight attendant who gets the surly gate agent supervisor, who comes back and asks us if we'd like to step off the plane.

Our 5-hour trip became a 13-hour travel nightmare thanks to AA's horrible service and organizational incompetence. Never flying American again.

1  Thank KDB1502
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Arrived 40 minutes prior to departure (admittedly that is late). I was the only person in the check-in line. The plane was literally 200 feet away (and no one in the TSA line). Could not check my bag. Was told about 45 minutes in advance... and that it has always been that way. Except, that is a lie. The minimum checked-bag time was 30 minutes.
Must have changed, so airline rules before customer service. So, now will arrive five hours late.

I will actively avoid American Airlines in the future. Their business will run much more smoothly without passengers.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I bought a pair of exit seats from London to NYC. I must say they weren't £200, although good for leg room not goog for the eating tray , your better off with the other seats as they haven't designed them properly.
We took off about 10.30 then 11.30 given our lunch. And that was about it for food folks.
From NYC to Dallas wasn't much better. We were delayed and the service followed was bad. Also from Dallas to Vegas was just as bad. Delayed again for well over an hour and they didn't give us a drink until over an hour still on the tarmac. People were getting very restless.
Conceriding I paid £3500/$4500 for all my flights including going home, I think we should have been treated better.
I think they need to get there service back up to scratch.
Conclusions of my experience is AA is better than BA but United is better than both of them.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Even after a long day of travel with delays into ORD, this had to be the best flight I've had in years! I have avoided AA for many years now & would only use them when there was no other option. This flight restored my faith in them. Ernest & Heather were the best flight attendants I have experienced in quite some time! The perfect mix between professional & fun. They both looked you in the eye & truly wanted to make our trip a good experience! I usually fly in FC but hands down received better service in coach! Thanks AA for making me want to use you again. A special thanks to Ernest & Heather! Keep it up you guys! You're doing GREAT!!