“American Airlines does not respond/ has no compassion”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I purchased 3 round trip tickets departing Miami September 28th and returning October 2nd. We live in the Florida Keys and were hit by Hurricane Irma. Due to the devastation we had to cancel my son and husbands tickets so they can stay home and look after the repairs on the house. We cant leave our dogs here with a sitter as was planned because of the condition our home is in because of the hurricane. When I asked for a refund the agent stated that because the dates of travel are after the 20th she could not refund the fare. She recommended I email Americans customer relations. I did this and received no response. I also messaged them on their Facebook page and received no response. We sure could use the money to replace items lost like washer , dryer etc. This is very disappointing since I have always flown American (US Air).

4  Thank Maureen D
Write a ReviewReviews (40,120)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

No entertainment, not even a plug for personal electronics, very little leg room and uncomfortable seats. Thank heavens for the airline steward, he was a hoot and provided alot of laughs throughout the journey. Wish I knew his name to give him the credit he deserves. The TSA was another matter all together. A bunch of uptight egotistical boozos who think that a 4 " wooden toy could possibly be a simulated weapon, ahhh really? gee weez, whats next a que tip bow an arrow? We've traveled all over and never had such an unprofessional experience with tsa as we had in Phoenix airport. They actually took the 3 rubber bands off my grandsons toy gift to do what? disassemble a toy with no movable parts and nothing opened and it was in its original sealed store bought package, so wow no common sense with these power hungry nit wits. The stare downs and dirty looks from this monkey crew was uncalled for and unprofessional. Pretty pathetic that they need stoop this low in their hiring pool.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 20 September 2017

It was nothing special and probably what I expected. The flight was very full - bags had to be checked at the door. The plane was NOT cleaned well. I always clean my tray but this was gross. Additionally, missing flight magazines. The flight attendants seemed harried. The flight was on-time. Basic.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Flew 1st class for our honeymoon. Waited 17 minutes upon arrival for a crew member to come open the doors so we could depart & catch our next flight. We missed our connecting flight. Walked up & smug little man crossed his arm, smiled and pointed down the hallway so we could discuss our situation with a "customer service" rep. 100+ people in line and 2 representatives. After 2 1/2 hours we finally get to talk to a csr to be told that they would give us food vouchers to be used in the airport (this time of night most places were closed already). A voucher for a taxi to a hotel 28 miles away and a voucher for that hotel. The Hyatt in the airport had availability. We asked to speak with a supervisor. Keep in mind that the CSR could not authorize the stay in the Hyatt; however, the supervisor could,henceour request. Mr. Baez, supervisor, stated he would be there to see us in 15 minutes. 45 minutes later we were still waiting to speak with this supervisor. The CSR called Mr. Baez again. Mr. Baez then stated he was not going to come speak with us.

Their ineptness caused 9 of us to miss our connection. 9 of us. They wouldn't hold the plane for 9 of us. The plane was still sitting there. We then stood in line for 2 1/2 hours hoping for some actual, honest to God, customer service which did not happen. We requested reimbursement of our hotel $274.71 refused taxi vouchers that would have been over$100 and the hotel voucher for the hotel that was over 30 minutes away, likely $150-200. Nope. No reimbursement. Just wanted to credit 10,000 miles. Really American Airlines with 10,000 miles for an airline that we will no longer fly with?!?

I might also mention that the CSR told us our bags were still at the airport in DFW and told us where we could locate them. Went there and low and behold...no bags. No one had any idea where they may be. Next day we are told they located 2 of the 4 bags. 2 had actually made the flight that we didn't and the other 2 were on the plane we finally got to take home.

This was our honeymoon. Flights booked 1st class over 6 months in advance. My rant is over. Time to find a new airline.

1  Thank Jill N
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Where do I begin? These jokers cancelled my flight 3 hours before it's scheduled time...on the day of my grandfather's funeral. No apology, no help. Only flight out of Dallas (their main hub) was an two hours earlier. I had to leave my grandfather's funeral to get back home.
Next, I booked my honeymoon through these guys only because of the decent layover times...boy was I in for a treat. We were delayed 7 hours in Dallas to maui..and 5 hours in Dallas to fly back home on our return flight. No apologizes, nothing. Was told we had to contact their online site to report our dissatisfaction. Done flying with these jokers.