“American Airlines follow-up”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I had previously posted my negative experience with checking in a backpack w AA at a cost of $25, only to retrieve the backpack upon landing completely damaged and unusable for a 35 day backpacking trip through Central America. Upon my return home to the States and after altering my trip dramatically, having to limit where I traveled and by incurring additional flight costs, AA denied my claim. Without any prompting, AA denied my claim a 2nd time months later even though I did not request an appeal or for AA to reevaluate my claim and their decision. Just poor management at it's best. Therefore I would highly recommend using any airline other than American Airlines if this is how they treat their customers.

1  Thank william k
Write a ReviewReviews (27,243)

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I traveled from Syracuse to Chicago to Kansas City. My flight out of Syracuse was supposed to take off at 7 ish on 10/15. It did not take off until almost 10pm causing me to miss my connection which I changed twice to try to be home to Kansas City on 10/15 night as I had business to deal with early Monday 10/16. Needless to say, I get to Chicago ask the person at the first station I see to call to the gate of connecting flight to say I was running down there (opposite side of the airport) his response was “you better run.” Thanks. Missed flight. Stuck in Chicago for the night. Granted compensated me with a crappy hotel 30 miles from the airport and food vouchers that barely bought a morning orange juice. To top it off my bags didn’t get to me until two days later; only after looking as if the had been rummaged through about 16 times! I do not recommend this airline in the least. I’d rather pay more than deal with the stress I had to deal with. Lets just say I lost more than I gained by missing my business on Monday since I was still in Chicago Monday morning and not where I needed to be; which was here in Kansas City.

2  Thank Christina1223
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I’m a long time frequent flier on AA and I have decided that’s a mistake. On AA instead of flight attendants providing service or focusing on safety on let’s face it a very old fleet mostly of S80’s, American is now forcing the flight attendants to read credit card advertisements from the terrible Barclays card people. You could be asleep or watching a movie but they will break through and read 15 minutes of advertising at the loudest possible volume over the PA system that was intended for safety. You’re a captive audience being read ads by people who honestly are not anywhere as good as the annoying professional actresses reading ads. And then they walk down the Aisles extorting you to sign up rather than focus on their darned jobs. Boycott or they’ll advertise cars or internet service next.

2  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Main Cabin Extra is a must if you are 6ft or over in height, the six inches of leg room makes a big difference and doesn't lead to leg cramps... Great in flight service from the crew throughout the journey. Food was amazing - and better than to be expected for in flight meals. All round passenger and customer service cannot be faulted except for a complete system failure in Heathrow prior to departure which caused some uncertainty and stress and left us wondering if we were ever going to catch our flight due to not enough staff being available prior to bag drop which led to a communication issue for us and fellow passengers.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Flight from Philadelphia to Bermuda was relaxing and landed early with no problems. Suggest they add some kind of gluten free pretzel or cracker to the snack offering.