“Cancelled Flights but Excellent Customer Service”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I was scheduled to fly out of Tri-Cities airport on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The airline first delayed my flight and then cancelled it due to it being so late and me being unable to catch the next flight. They did however reschedule me to a new flight the following morning without me having to call or make changes myself.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (39,731)

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This was supposed to be the Golden flight to Charlotte. We had to reschedule our vacation three times, three different days. Because we wouldn't have made our layover. All for airline issues. First day flight crew not enough sleep. Delayed. Next two times plane computer code errors. This plane parks over night and this is the first flight out in the am. AA kept trying to force us through to spend the night in Charlotte and try the following day from there. Customer Service is non existent in this industry. It's all about the $$$. This heartless industry could care less about families and their long awaited vacation as long as their flight is over booked. They're happy.

1  Thank hmdentworks
Reviewed 17 January 2018

First the check-in at LaGuardia said we have to go to the JFK because the flight cant leave from LaGuardia because of weather! They printed out a voucher to show at the JFK. So we took a taxi and arrived at JFK. All Counters from AA were closed!! But knowing they just fusioned with US, we hurried to their counters. Explaining the whole situation, they looked at our vouchers and tickets and said "You are not on this flight!".
After 4 hours of discussions, looking for a AA-Staff, a 500€-phone bill (trying to find a solution with the costumer service), running from terminal to terminal, finding a room in a hotel,... the helpline finally emailed us two tickets for the next day!!
When we finally arrived back home, I wrote a detailed report to the AA-Service and attached all my additional costs and bills.
NO ANSWER yet...

N.B.: This happened in summer 2014.

1  Thank Batty G
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Another great flight on American Airlines. The service was great and the flight was comfortable and relaxing.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This was my first time using American first class for a long haul flight, and had a great experience. The crew was very nice and care properly. Good choice and experience.