“Good trip”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You have to pay for every thing you want to eat.
It was a very good trip.
Good attention, every thing on time

Write a ReviewReviews (30,163)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I like American Airlines. I feel that from El Paso, it is a great option. This most recent trip was to Phoenix, so it was a short and easy flight. There are no frills on the flight because it’s only about an hour. In general though, I like having an assigned seat, which is why I usually choose American over Southwest. They do charge for any checked bags, which is a negative. I also didn’t like how the attendant boarding the plane called up about 3 groups at a time on this trip. It didn’t matter to me this time because I didn’t have a carry on, but if I did, that’s frustrating. No major problems with the airline this time, so I still like AA.

• Value for money
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew from Hong Kong to Los Angeles, a 13-hour long haul flight. This flight was purchased using Alaska Airlines miles, a partner of American Airlines. We selected our seats when we booked the flight, and received confirmation - aisle seat for hubby and middle seat for me, right next to each other. This seating arrangement is particularly important for a larger and tall guy in economy section for 13 hours.

When we boarded the plane, we noticed that our assigned seats on the boarding passes were not the same seats on the confirmation email. Instead of the selected aisle and middle, these seats were both middle of 3 seats AND our seats were in completely separate sections of the plane! After talking to 3 flight attendants about the problem, nothing was done. We were told the confirmation email I received was "subject to change". One attendant noted that one of our originally assigned seats had more legroom hence an extra charge seat. I countered that the system certainly did not show that the seat required an extra charge when I reserved it. And why would the system allow me to reserve such a seat without paying for it in the first place? Then it was also pointed out that we had used Miles from a partner airline (the implication was clear that since I did not pay money for this flight, I really don't have the right to complain). Unbelievably horrible customer service! To add insult to injury, the entertainment unit was faulty which made the flight even more unpleasant.

After this experience, American Airlines is taboo!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank travelnshoot4two
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love American Airlines despite its many flaws.
I wish they could work them out and be the great Airline America deserves
The equipment is modern and the flights are smooth.
I have just reached the level of Executive Platinum and a serious milestone on my traveling: I just became a “ Million Miler” in AA.
The reason why I mention this is because with a Million Miles on my back, I believe I have enough experience with the company to be able to offer a couple of constructive criticism.
First of all,American need to improve punctuality. Their planes can leave 1 hour late, or 2,...or 4, ....or 6 or simple flight cancelled. It happened to me in one year to suffer 4 mayor delays. 2 of 4 hours, one of 6 hours and one simple....canceled.
The second problem with my dear American is the food.
The food served in First Class is way worst than Iberia’s Business.
The food in Business is simply inedible.
A horror.
In Coach, I skip meals altogether.
I sincerely hope that American will open their eyes and get their act together.
We need a better Chef that can cook a meal capable to compete with meals served by other airlines.
Last but not least, I want to congratulate the personnel on board that always make my trips very pleasant.
Hope to get my second Million Miles!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Warning to anyone flying out of LAX: For some reason American has fewer check-in kiosks than any other airline at this airport. I arrived 90 minutes before an 8:15am flight to the east coast and the lines at the few working kiosks were ridiculous. There seemed to be only about eight kiosks and hundreds of people trying to check in. I'm used to flying on United or Southwest, and both their terminals have dozens of check-in kiosks--I've never had a problem before. The lines inside the AA terminal were so bad that I headed out to the skycaps, but it was equally bad there. Obviously, everyone had the same idea. I went back in the terminal and waited for a kiosk. I finally got to one but for some reason, it refused to check me in! It kept cancelling mid-stream and spitting out a receipt saying "see agent." I asked an employee for help. Actually, I asked several employees for help. The American employees were incredibly rude and unhelpful. They told me there must be a problem with my flight and told me to get into the line for the "service desk." That line was out the door with customers and only two AA employees were behind the counter. It was obvious that by getting into that line I was going to miss my flight. By this point, it was 50 minutes before my flight and one employee I begged for help sniped that I was too late to check my bag. I showed her the receipts from the broken kiosk that showed I had attempted to check in my bag well ahead of their cut off time. (Another customer in line told me the same thing had happened to her the day before). Bottom line: I missed my flight. When I finally got to the service representative, he couldn't think of a single reason why the kiosk would have failed to check my bag. There was no issue with my flight that would have prevented it, and I had been on time (showing him my kiosk receipts again). My attempts to contact AA reps on Twitter for an explanation failed too. It was worst customer service I've ever had on an airline. I had to book a later flight to a different airport and then drive to my destination. Oh, and they charged me for the original ticket! I'll never fly AA out of LAX again.