“An airline you can trust”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 21 February 2018

The first thing we should think of when flying is safety. With American Airlines, we are totally safe. Then comes punctuality, and in my experience, they are also fairly good with the departures and arrival times. About the fares, this is not a low cost carrier, so do not expect to find the best offers in the market. Also, the food needs a serious upgrade even in F and C class, and the cabin crews can work on their attitude (they should take advice on this from the Asian airliners, starting with their fellow One world partner Cathay Pacific). Overall, I will keep flying with them, cause to me, safety and punctuality come first... And hope they are working on improving their weak links.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (41,412)

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I have traveled a lot and have been on many airlines as a result. American continues to disappoint. They are consistently behind schedule, moreso than any other airline. I have missed connecting flights with them and no other. Today I am writing though because I am sitting on yet another delayed AA flight and again they have said the overhead bins were full. However, upon boarding the flight there were plenty of bins with spots for more luggage. I take care to pack light for every trip so as not to have to check luggage, and do not have this problem with other airlines. I can see if the bins are actually full or close to full, but I have boarded flights, like I did today, and saw plenty of space. Very fruatrating. They need to do a better job of this, but also trying to be on time.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

American Airlines, one of the biggest Airlines in America, but one of the worst to deal with. I've Travelled with many different Airlines all over the world but this was outrageous i paid for my flight in full while back home in London England months before my Travel dates as i was planning a tour around America and the Caribbean. i used different Airlines on different parts of my tour to keep down the cost. Anyway on 9th December there was a snowstorm so all flights was canceled from Maryland Baltimore to Atlanta leaving me stranded in Baltimore enable to get my connecting flight, my friends called all the different airlines which just reconnect their flights for free as it was an emergency and the cancellations was due to Nature and the airport being closed.we called all the airlines around 8:30am in the morning we was all citizens from London England meaning we was really stranded, i called America Airlines seeing if i could also just change my connection and Explained the situation they said its going to cost me $670 for a new flight, i said i'm STRANDED with very little money and already paid $420 for a flight which was also a connecting flight they said they can't help i called my insurance which also never help told me just pay the money you will be refunded at a later date i said but i don't have that money on me we can't help otherwise.The worst thing about it was one of my parts of my flight connects was in North Carolina but they wouldn't let me change my start flight connection, i was getting stressed out everyone else had left me now. i used my rent money and ended up paying $470 leaving me with nothing. American Airline change my departure city but nothing else so i ended up paying twice for the same ticket out of order

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I'm giving American Airlines 4 stars what could've been an easy 5... They lost out on the 1 star with over charging on check in luggages. If they can be like the airlines where they can start allowing passengers to have 2 free luggage with them for international flights, then they are the perfect airlines to travel with.

I understand why it was pretty empty in my flight. Too expensive I guess. I had the whole row for myself. Their in - flight entertainment had a lot to offer. From the game assortment, I got drawn to the Trivia games and Hangman and Bowling..., they had a Disney channel and music channel. I think you won't run out of things to do for the entire duration of the flight. They even have plugs for you to charge your phones.

The stewardess came by 4 times to serve drinks. The meal was pretty hearty. They made us choose from teriyaki chicken or a pasta dish. For breakfast, they gave us a hotbox containing a vegetable puff pastry and a muffin. You would surely be stuffed.

They provided adequate blankets and sheets that came in packaged in a plastic. So it truly was sanitary. The stewardesses were all friendly and courteous.

Overall, it was a pleasant flight. We had a nice landing. The pilot updated us every now and then on our route and arrival updates.. so we're informed all the time.

American Airlines truly stepped up.. I highly recommend them if they stop over charging on luggage. Lol.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Aircraft remained empty until a fourth flight attendant arrived. Flight manifests contained many aircrew members dead heading (flying for free) and taking seats from passengers. Flights suddenly stopped due to "inclement" weather,;however, they were scheduled to resume again in about twelve hours, just enough time to cycle a crew through crew rest, Let's get with the program American and give the passengers a break by making your connecting flight on time instead of tossing out so many passengers that every hotel is booked in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area.