“Rude staff and low value for price”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Will never fly American Airlines again. The new carry-on sizing and pricing updates are absolutely ridiculous. Bags that used to be considered carry-ons require you to check them. Staff were unfriendly and rude.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (48,012)

Reviewed 23 February 2018

I had ordered vegetarian food and received a very nice meal. When my flight schedule had been changed, the customer service was very friendly and the lady that was answering my call was willing to reschedule my flight for free, if I wanted to. Check-in went smoothly, the staff is very friendly and the planes are clean and modern.

The online 'downsides' were that there were no private screens on board of the plane from Philadelphia to Amsterdam, which made the flight quite long, and if you're tall, there really is not a lot of leg space available.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 23 February 2018

There appears to be a difference of opinion which is healthy but I must say that all four flights (change at Philadelphia) that we as a family party of six experienced was excellent. The crew were first class on all flights and the ground crews were superb in dealing with a disabled passenger. In all it was a pleasant experience and we would all travel with American Airlines again. We have tried the rest but this is the best.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We purchased 4 round trip first class tix in early July for A Dec 28th trip to Denver. At purchase we selected our seats for all segments and a short time later we received a confirmation email.
In Early December I accessed the reservation to select a meal only to find that I no longer had my seat as assigned for the return trip on January 3rd or any seat for that matter. I called and was told that my seat had been reassigned to someone else but they did not know why. The other 3 members of the family still had their seats. No resolution!
At 6 am the morning of the return trip scheduled for 10 am, my wife lost her seat assignment also, she called and was told that the seat was still hers and all would be remedied at the airport. Upon arriving at the airport, we were both assigned last row of the airplane coach seats (mine was a middle seat) and our two minor children kept their first class seats. Again no one knew why it happened. I have 2.1 million miles on American and am Platinum for life, this was my reward for loyalty. This was a demonstration of ZERO care for the customer. It was so upsetting, especially when we were told that a seat assignment does not always mean you will get that seat! What?

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I booked a BA ticket and was therefore initially disappointed to find I was on a code share American plane. But on a business fare you are paying for three aspects ( the plane aims to get all passengers to the destination at the same time irrespective if class and entertainment is also pretty standard !) seats/space , service and provisions.
Seats/space. Magnificent. Comparable or even better than Virgin Upper. They were comfy, private with a super screen and lockers for your kit. Actually just about perfect.
Provisions: Typical Business class. Middle of the road on wines and food but what you expect.
Service: The reality for me is that America is where you get great service is generally a global myth and not really what you find. That is my personal opinion.Sure they ask you if you are having a nice day but with no real sincerity and I think American Airlines exemplified this position. Courteous but not friendly, responsive but not attentive, adequate but not going the extra mile like a Virgin crew member would do.

But In the end the seats win it for me and I would travel American again.