“Surprisingly goid”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This flight was surprisingly good. The seats were new and were a real improvement. The staff was polite and friendly.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,749)

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We recently flew American round trip from RDU to Belize. This was not our first trip on this route. We went through Miami on the way down and Charlotte on our return. We were always greeted with a smile. We were able to upgrade our seats at the gate for a couple of segments.
But perhaps the best service was on our return. When approaching customs I turned wrong and ended up with a sharp pain in my hip and was limping. Two different employees noticed and helped with the heavy bags. They also let me check an extra bag at no charge as duty free.
We were extremely pleased and even each flight arrived early. I will definitely fly American again.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I've taken, or been scheduled to take, this flight two times this month so far. The first, on Feb. 16, was late, though ultimately it landed only by 20 minutes due to schedule padding which for the airlines is practically on time. The second was supposed to be Feb. 23, but AA cancelled the flight close to departure time due to maintenance. The agent who rebooked me on the first available flight to ROC, which wasn't until the next day, told me to obtain a hotel voucher from the BOS ticket desk to cover the extra overnight stay, but the ticket desk representative refused, because I had booked my ROC-BOS-ROC trip as two one-way tickets rather than a round trip. Her explanation, "Because you are originating from BOS we assume you live here," never mind that (1) their own system shows a ROC-BOS trip from a few days prior and (2) I was carrying documents that prove my residence in ROC and my hotel stay in BOS. So, from now on I will rent a car and drive between the two cities.

1  Thank Heather086
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Wonderful Flight. Awesome Snacks. Very smooth landing. Only reason why I dropped one star is due to the WHOOPING $200 fine if you miss your flight.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • Food and Beverage
Reviewed 24 February 2018

This is the worst airline ever. Bad service, nasty staff. This is the symbol of what the air travel business could become in a doom scenario. Avoid AA. Or try it once to understand what the worst can be,

Date of travel: December 2017