“Exciting "Go around on landing at Charlotte”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Safety is always a first priority. Our plane was too close to the plane on final ahead of it so our plane initiated a full climb back to a safe altitude. Then the captain emerged from the cockpit and went straight into the bathroom! I was a bit apprehensive until he emerged from the bathroom and announced the reason for the aborted landing and for his dash into the bathroom. He said, I just couldn't hold it until we had time to go around again!" We all know that feeling!

• Legroom
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (34,669)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I absolutely love American airlines, The flight to Auckland was great. Now mind you it wasn't a full flight so we were able to stretch out. The food was really good surprisingly for airplane food. We were in economy and the seats were comfortable enough. The trip home wasn't quite so comfy. It was a full flight back, the food was still good, but the service was lacking. The stewardess gave out a mid flight snacks, but then didn't pick up the trash so I was stuck between 2 people with a tray table full of trash, severely hampering my ability to move. To and from Auckland was great. From Lax to Reno I will avoid on the CRJ 700. The plane and the angry pilot has ruined me ever flying flight 2975 ever again. It is so hard to grade this trip, because the trip over was awesome for comfort and service while the trip back had a few flaws. The 787 Dreamliner is an awesome plane. Very clean and comfortable. But AA should reconsider what they use for a commuter jet. Not of fan of the CRJ 700

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The first leg of this flight was to Phoenix. This four hour flight had no flight entertainment (despite it being advetised as so). Thank goodness that I had sone Netflix downloaded. Felt sorry for those that had nothing to do.

Upon arrival to Phoenix, we had about a 30 plus minute approach pattern that was super bumpy. Several young children got sick (my wife almost got sick).

I have to admit that American will now go on my list as the airline of last resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My first flight was delayed due to an ice sensor issue which made my flight take off get delayed from 6:20 to 7:55. My next flight was at 8:35 from Pilly to Austin. My brother and I ran from gate F to gate C to try to make the flight after being told that it was not their responsibility to alert the Austin flight that we were late because of maintenance. When I got to gate 25C the two people are the gate didn’t acknowledge me so my brother said something and they told us to be quiet. They were so extremely rude to us, I couldn’t believe it. Turns out they over booked the flight by 5 seats so they gave away our seats that we paid for because THEY double messed up. My brother is 6’4 and picked an isle seat because of his bad knees. They gave him a middle seat, BUT because of some kind passengers we were able to switch seats for him. I ended up sitting in the very back of the plane. When giving us our new seat arrangements, they wrote mine on a piece of paper and just quickly told him his. When he asked them to repeat it the lady told him to check his boarding pass because they were on there but she took his boarding pass... American Airlines acts like they’re above treating people like people; it makes my skin crawl. I will not forget how that lady looked at me with her smug face. I paid $500 for this flight and I felt like I didn’t matter. I will never flight this airline again and I fly a lot.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Out bound flight from Newark to Dallas took off without a problem. I was on the 5:59 PM flight, crew was professional and attentive. They seemed happy to be doing their job. Arrival in Dallas was smooth as well. Had a middle seat but lucky for me both passengers on either side were not too big. Return flight was not as nice. First off it was a late night flight with arrival just past 1:00 AM. So people were generally tired. This time I had a window seat but the person ext to me kept nodding off and bumping into me. A bit annoying, I don't often sleep on these flights and like to read which I was able to do for most of the trip The flight crew were nearly non-existent, probably due to the lateness of the flight. Flight did arrive on time though.

• Legroom