“Smooth flying, eh, on AA!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 June 2019

Flight actually pushed back 10 minutes early both going and returning to Tokyo. Crew on flight was extremely nice and offered to assist when arriving, getting settled in, etc. Wonderful flight, and with tail wind, we arrived almost 1 hour early.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (73,408)

Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

Couldn’t believe they charge for economy seats.
Service was bad and they changed the gate at the last minute and I didn’t know about it. American have too many delays and I’m totally disappointed and will not fly with American any more. I will fly with delta now on.

2  Thank CindyPL
Reviewed 4 June 2019

I almost always fly American. I am rarely disappointed. However, recently when I was flying to Kentucky for the summer, there was some severe weather before my flight at 9 pm. I received an email warning me of this, saying that fees would be waived if I changed my flight. So I pumped my flight up to 4 pm. I RUSHED to pack and got to the airport during pouring rain around 2:30 pm, only to have them tell me that the flight that I paid $75 to change, had just been cancelled. Not only did I pack quickly, I was now at the airport 6 + hours in advance of my other flight. Then when trying to check my bag, the lady said it was over 50 pounds. 52, was what the scale at the airport said. At home it said 50.2 on two different scales. I had to pack for the entire summer in that bag and I thought I did a good job. Not only did she make me take things out of my bag, but I didn't have anywhere to put them. This is rude! Be better to your customers.
The flight itself was great, the flight attendants were so sweet and helpful. Flying American only goes well if you're flying with just a carry on, by yourself. SO basically if you're a businessman. Unbelievable.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

From the minute we checked in online we knew it was gonna be a drama. First of all myself and my partner had booked flights with American Airlines from Dublin to Las Vegas. On the way there we had to stop in Philadelphia for a connecting flight. The flight was delayed and hour, nothing major, these things happen. Had a great time and unfortunately our holiday was over and we had to head to the airport. On the way back we were flying from Vegas, to Chicago and Chicago to Dublin. Our first flight was delayed slightly and I was panicking a bit as we had just over an hour to make our next flight. We eventually got off the flight and found out where our next flight departed from. We ran as fast as we could and got to the gate. Great we thought, boarding doesn't finish until 10 and we have made it at 21.45. Turns out, some brainiac decided to close the gate early "as they would miss their spot on the runway if they didn't" there was probably 8 of us that got off the flight from Vegas and they knew that we had landed and were trying to get to the gate asap. To make matters worse they told us the plane was still in the same place but we weren't allowed on. There was a thunderstorm BUT we still made it and the flight hadnt moved or departed on time anyway. Fair enough they gave us a hotel room for the night and 12 whole dollars each to spend on some food imagine all the food you could eat for 12 dollars! we were scheduled to get on another flight at the same time the next evening. That flight was also delayed by almost an hour and a half. To make matters worse they tool our hand luggage off us in Vegas as the overhead lockers were full apparently (they weren't) so we had absolutely nothing. Not even a toothbrush. More money and expense the next day buying toothbrushes, toothpaste, clean underwear and socks. I will never ever fly with American Airlines again. We couldn't even get seated together on any of the flights. I know people may think this review is petty , BUT when you are out expenses of staying an extra day in a different city, a car sitting in Dublin airport carpark (more expense for the extra night) having to make phone calls to try and get cover as I couldn't get back to work when I said I would be back, it all adds up. I love America and I will go back but with a different airline. Not good enough.

2  Thank Long55
Reviewed 4 June 2019

My daughter was flying home for a very important event on Friday May 31st 2019 from DFW to Memphis
After completing a Chemistry exam at TCU she rushed to the airport to make her flight. She arrived 33 minuted before flight was supposed to take off.
Went to ticket counter and Leslie Miller of American Airlines laughed at her and told her she was so stupid for thinking she could make her flight with 33 minutes before.
This is how the american treats their customers. I understand that luggage may or may not have been able to make the flight but with 33 minutes she sure had time to get through security and get to the gate. But instead this ticket agent the face of the company the first person the customer interacts with for the company chose to embarrass and call names to a young traveler. Well congratulations American Airlines you have lost a customer and really you have lost 5 customers because that is how many people in my family who will never fly your airline again.

1  Thank Wraydon16
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.