“Convenient flight From RDU to Guatemala City”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 11 July 2019

Both legs of this flight went smoothly. Both were just over 2 hours with ample time layover in Miami, Fl. Flight departure was 7AM US EDST and arrival was 11:50 Guatemala (equivalent of US CDST). It was very similar on the return flight - easy peasy. Guatemala City airport is easy to navigate and on the small side. one caution for RDU - I arrived 2 hours early (5 AM) - the lines were horrendous for both the bag check at AA and getting through security - it took between 45 minutes to an hour to get through security alone. This is due to increased Summer travel, additional airlines at RDU and additional flights from the airlines that service RDU. TSA says they will add some additional security lanes but part of the slow down was to allow sniffing dogs to canvass all passengers. Consider TSA precheck if you fly often.

Date of travel: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (73,730)

Reviewed 11 July 2019

All was fine. Everything was on time. At the gate,they took our carry on luggage and sent it on to final destination for free. Why don’t they let us do this at check in? Remove some of the hassle with people trying to shove them into overhead storage.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 11 July 2019

I am approaching 2 million miles on AA, I am Executive Platinum Status, A Member of the Admirals Club, and bought a First Class ticket to St. Croix.

My flight from DFW was delayed due to a mechanical issue that the airline knew it the night before but did not fix it until after four scheduled departure time the following morning. The DFW to Miami pilot made up time and wee arrived 30 minutes before my connection to St Croix.

As we left the DFW plane, there were AA agents at the gate that told us to walk down to the St Croix flight as they were waiting on us. I ran through the terminal, although for the distance they should ave provided a shuttle vehicle.

I arrived at my gate 20 minutes before departure time. The gate was closed and there were no AA personal at the gate. I asked the policeman that was there to please get the agent so we could get on the flight. He went down the jetway and returned with a AA employee, the gate supervisor. She told us, there were about 8 of of us from the same flight there waiting now, that the plane was closed and there was nothing she could do. Then she admonished us for not being there 15 minutes before departure.

We explained to her that with the policeman as a witness that we were there 20 minutes ahead of time. She said she had already sold my all of our tickets and that we would all have to rebook.

I was rebooked for 2 days later as all of the other flights to St Croix were fully booked until then.

The poor attitude, the failure to follow their own policies, their poor response, and indifference to my status and loyalty was shameful.

When I asked for help rebooking better flight, I was met with more indifference and a hostile attitude. This was at the help desk inside the Admirals club.

This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time I arrived at the gate 15 minutes before the flight began to board and they had already sold my wife's and my first class seats. And again, the gate agents were rude and even mean spirited as we discussed our options, unapologetic and uncaring.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

Thank you so much for giving my Wife a seat at the front to take a picture. This her first time flying and going to Orlando. Thanks for a great group of people.

2  Thank Cisco B
Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

Of course business class is wonderful but two other family members were on the same flight in premium economy seats and they raved about the friendliness of the flight attendants as well
A great flight experience delivered by a great airline

2  Thank pisces025
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.