“Cramped seating”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 6 April 2020

The seating situation has gotten rediculas. Wedged against seat in front is unacceptable. In the greed to get more seats the airlines are stuffing us in. Its not right. I arrived with a big divit in my knee from the map pocket. Makes flying unenjoyable.

Date of travel: February 2020
2  Thank davidbT7821EM
Write a reviewReviews (71,870)

Reviewed 6 April 2020

Took the flight from miami airport for vacation to Spain.
The flight was great. The flight was clean, well kept, staff were friendly and helpful if we had any questions.

In flight entertainment and amenities were good and overall was a decent flight.

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 5 April 2020

Booking was London to Toronto, make our own way to NYC and back from there

Didn't actually get to travel because of the shutdown. Looked at their website and they were asking people to wait to near departure before contacting them.

Got an email well before departure saying flights cancelled, providing a UK phone number to arrange refund.

Called the number and it was answered first time, confirmed booking ref and refund sorted and in bank 4 days later

Wll done AA. Your rivals are trying to make us take vouchers for cancelled flights. Won't be happening.

Obviously can't complete the questions about the flight but have done 4 stars anyway!

Date of travel: April 2020
1  Thank Hugh K
Reviewed 4 April 2020

My wife and I booked airline tickets from a third party, Friend Z Travel with American Airlines leaving Detroit Michigan and arriving in Orlando Florida on the 3rd of April. With a stay at home order being in effect and the hotel where we are going is shutting down. American Airline will not refund any of our funds for the tickets all they will do is gave us a travel voucher that must be used by December 31st.
Not knowing when we all be back to work and when it will be safe to be with around people there is no way of insuring us that we will be able to use the vouchers by the expiration date, so we are out 782 dollars between the third party (Friend Z Travel) and American Airlines. American Airlines will be keeping $422.80 while Friend Z Travel will be keeping $360.00 for no services rendered.
I am sure that the airline industry is one of the companies that will be getting part of the stimulus package to help good companies to stay in business, The least that you could is to say thank you to the taxpayers and the customer that they are cheating out of money, and yes part of the stimulus package is my tax dollars

I would of aware of flight and booking with companies like American Airlines and Friend Z Travel because neither are very American or Friendly

Date of travel: April 2020
2  Thank Mlock53
Reviewed 3 April 2020 via mobile

Booked months before travel on our regular route, unfortunately I broke my leg three weeks prior to travel. Contacted American via the website to request assistance , received a phone call to confirm my requirements and then treated like royalty from check in to plane both going out and on our return via New York.

Thank you for your exceptional service on our Journey.

Date of travel: March 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.