“During COVID-19, they cancelled my flight with no refund”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 13 November 2020

I booked a flight, they cancelled it, and then did not offer me a refund as the pandemic worsens. This is not ok.

1  Thank X2951BCjenniferr
Write a reviewReviews (73,729)

Reviewed 13 November 2020

The flight stuff should be trained better on customer service skills. Poor service in this regard. They act like they're your parents or higher ups.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 12 November 2020 via mobile

I was going to write a bad review when my plane was three hours late taking off, but with the amazing service I simply cannot. We were supposed to go from Santa Barbara to Phoenix then to Milwaukee, but since we missed our connecting flight we had to go from Santa Barbara, Phoenix to Dallas then Milwaukee. I can’t believe how helpful American Airlines was. The general manager at the Santa Barbara Airport made sure our luggage was sent to Dallas. Tracy that worked at the gate did everything in her power to keep our first class seats. I have a bad knee and can’t sit in economy. When we got to Phoenix another lady at the gate assisted us into the plane all first class. They really went above and beyond to make sure all three flights were first class, like we paid for. The flight attendant Louis from Phoenix to Dallas was very attentive and super friendly. They made a bad situation turn into a pleasant one. Thank you!

Date of travel: October 2020
    • Customer service
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
Reviewed 12 November 2020

I have not seen my son for 3 years since he is in the military. This would be the first Christmas in 3 years that I would be able to see my son. He was denied leave after the Army told him he had the leave and Southwest was very nice since he is military and refunded my reservations. However, American Airlines refused to refund my money. I am a single mom and do not have money to just loose. Last 2 Christmas's my son has not had a Christmas and myself and his brother's were so excited to have him home this year...that was until the military denied his leave. All I asked for was a refund and it's not the money as much as yet again we not be able to have Christmas with my other son.

1  Thank hollysP3364ES
Reviewed 12 November 2020

Not only was the flight full, it was overbooked. Comment about PHL airport. In line for TSA I saw numerous people without masks. I asked the agent why they aren't enforcing the mandate. He said show me someone without a mask. I pointed and said there, there, there.... He just shrugged. I said aren't you supposed to be the first line of defense? No answer. I mentioned it to a second agent and his attitude wasn't much better. On the plane to Miami I had to ask the woman next to me to put her mask back up. Way back to Philly same thing. Also guy in front of me had his mask off when deplaning...nothing said. The crew did absolutely nothing to ensure compliance. They sat in their jump seats and chatted or read. Shouldn't they be walking around occasionally to check on mask wearing. The rule is wear it the ENTIRE flight. Drink or eat and put it back over your NOSE AND MOUTH. They threaten to ban you from future flights if not compliant but do nothing to be sure throughout the entire flight that people are doing what they are supposed to be, which is a Pennsylvania mandate and an American Airlines mandate. American Airlines: IF WE ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO FLY RIGHT NOW AIRLINES, DO YOU JOB AND KEEP US SAFE.

Date of travel: September 2020
    • Legroom
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.