“Regional Roundrip with quick service!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 11 January 2021

I flew roundtrip from Boston to Syracuse and both the timing and the ease of each flight was great! I'm able to breeze through Logan in the evening, then through Syracuse in the morning, going door to door in only a couple of hours! Though the legroom is lacking, it was no problem for the quick flights.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank cgowrie
Write a reviewReviews (71,733)

Reviewed 11 January 2021

Always disappointing. Was forced to fly and to my borrow the flight was completely full. Borderline negligent behavior by the airline.

Date of travel: January 2021
Reviewed 10 January 2021

American Airlines has been a disappointment from the get-go. They frequently cancel or delay my flights. I keep flying with them because I made the mistake of signing up for their credit card. Well, even that has been a debacle. They gave me a second AAdvantage number that’s not actually linked to my account. So whenever I check in to my flight, it tries charging me for bags so I have to bag check at the counter. And it’s not applying any of my miles to my account so I really just have a rewardless credit card.

They are cheaper to fly, but you’d better account for a few extra days on both ends of your trip because you probably won’t get there or leave when you plan to (due to cancellations or delays). The staff is overall unpleasant too. Most attendants have been obnoxious, rude, or simply apathetic. I’ve experienced few attendants who have been pleasant.

The last cancellation came the morning of through text. An agent didn’t even call me to schedule a different flight. I had to do it myself.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the most recent text notifications. One of my incoming flights was delayed which caused my bags to be directed elsewhere as they did not make it on the connecting flight. Then the morning of, they canceled my return flight. This is a normal occurrence so I’m going to cancel my credit card and fly with delta from now on.

Date of travel: December 2020
1  Thank destjeor13
Reviewed 10 January 2021

Me and my son were supposed to fly from Detroit Michigan to Tulsa Oklahoma on January 2nd. Our first plane was delayed because they over fueled the aircraft which made us arrive in Chicago after our layover had already left. After spending 4 hours in the airport working with American Airlines they were unable to get us on another flight within the next two days. The individual at the ticket counter told us that since this was the fault of American Airlines that if we were to rent a car and drive they would reimburse us for the rental car and hotel and our ticket cost. So to clarify after buying my tickets and spending that money I had to come out of pocket all these additional expenses and now drive because that was the only option they had for us. So we did exactly as American Airlines said and rented the car and drove. After I filed for a reimbursement totaling $742.76 for all the expenses they agreed to refund they now backed out and are unwilling to refund us anything but offered us a $125 flight voucher and apologized for our inconvenience. They directly lied to us and tricked us. Don't fall for it.

Date of travel: January 2021
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 123,432,145,396
Reviewed 10 January 2021

They took/check in my baby stroller when not supposed, I got it back damaged and the AA did nothing about. I contacted about my problem and they found millones of reasons not to help me.

Date of travel: December 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.