“Unprofessional flight attendants- but one really phenomenal one”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On this specific flight the female flight attendant in first class on March 24th, 2021 was all around fabulous! We thank her for making our travels amazing.

The other 6 flights we took, all on American Airlines and all in first class, were not amazing and most of that was due to the interactions we had with or overheard from flight attendants. One suggestion I have is for flight attendants to express frustrations between one another in a quieter tone. On every flight there was a lot of cattiness, power tripping. I understand working with the public might be frustrating but there are professional ways to address situations.

Another frustration was that on some of the American Airlines flights they would not allow us to check our stroller at the gate as an a la carte to pick up upon landing. This made layovers extremely difficult with a toddler who needed a nap :( In Miami we weren't even allowed to take the stroller through TSA. We checked our luggage and the ticketing agent said the stroller was fine to take to the plane but we were stopped at TSA and told to check the stroller. I thought this was a TSA issue but the woman demanding us to check the stroller was an American Airlines employee standing guard at the TSA entry. The lack of consistency caused frustration and anxiety that was not necessary.

Date of travel: March 2021
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (71,850)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't recommend buying a First-Class ticket with AA your better off buying a regular ticket. I had a carry-on issue on my return flight from LAX. I traveled from ORD-LAX-HNL then from HNL-LAX and had no problems with my carry-on, however when I got to LAX my carry on was to big?? and the gate agent said I had to check the carry on. I was elated because I had the same bag, same weight and had to check it. What made matters worse on the plane the overhead bin was empty over my seat 2D. I took pictures and video of the incident. It gets better, the second to the last person to board was not in first class and sure enough they put her bag in the empty spot and had to shove it in to make it fit. I was outraged!! I wrote to American Airlines and they basically said they would use this a training tool for the benefit of the air lines. I paste what they wrote, this was supposed to be a hassle-free vacation. Last, I have the nerves to be a share holder now that a bitter pill to swallow.
From: AA (From what you've written, I do understand that you've been allowed to carry your bag aboard the previous flights you took to and from Honolulu. We aim to apply this approach consistently so that our customers know what to expect when traveling with us. Mrs. Shelton, I will be sure to document your comments about this incident. Your feedback will be made available to the appropriate management team for them to use and help make any necessary changes to how we approach carry-ons at the airport. I know this won't change the experience but it does identify an area of opportunity for us. WOW!!!!)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

American airlines has the worst everything, constantly constantly running late for small flights from savannah to Charlotte for example, always have broken parts need replacing or waiting on parts paperwork before we can fly which almost Everytime is a wait of about an hour to two hours of passengers crammed full in a plane begging the gods to let these trogladites get at it already so we won't be late for our connection flight knowing were going to be late and miss that flight because of bad handling of parts and paperwork, our plane sat at the gate for 2 hours before we boarded and after we all crammed in they decide to start doing the job they've been hired to do. WORST AIRLINE EVER hurry up and go out of business already!!!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This 7.25 hour flight from Phoenix to Kona was dreadful. The seats were not comfortable. There is no inflight entertainment unless you are lucky enough to get into their entertainment service through your own electronic device. That didn't work half the time. The flight attendants did not seem like they would be much help in the case of an emergency. Kudos to American airlines for hiring older and overweight flight attendants. The flight went on and on and on. The seats are so thin in the back that not only could I feel the person behind me kicking my seat, I could actually feel their foot on the small of my back through the seat. I will avoid this route and probably American airlines as much as possible in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Early morning flight from Charlotte, NC to Orlando, FL, after having to stay overnight in Charlotte due to missing connections associated with AA’s poor operations (i.e., having an hour to make a connection and missing that connection due to sitting on the tarmac for 50 minutes “waiting for a gate” as we stared at empty gates).

Lousy service. On this segment of over an hour, NO service was offered—not even a bottle of water. Compare that to Delta, where on a segment of shorter length, I was served a bottle of water and two snacks.

1  Thank brmusicman
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.