“AMERICAN AIRLINES”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 May 2021

Worst Airlines I have ever flown with.. 3 DELAYS!!!! Missed my ride and other appointments. Never ever will I use American Airlines again.

Date of travel: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (72,255)

Reviewed 9 May 2021

I will never use this airline or airport again if at all possible. They made us sit on the runway for over 30 minutes after we landed and we made it to our adjoining flight 5 minutes before take off and they would not let us board causing us to sit in the airport for over 2 hours and having to change our transportation arrangements. Customer service did not care that we were inconvenienced and did not offer to try and let us board the plane that was still sitting there when we arrived. Highly disappointed.

1  Thank 937christyj
Reviewed 8 May 2021

My wife and I booked a trip from Jacksonville to Cancun. Leaving Jax, we sat on the plane for almost an hour while they fixed a maintenance issue. Finally get to Miami for our connecting flight, boarded the plane, and after an hour, had to deplane due to an irreparable maintenance issue on that plane. Delayed for 2 more hours, finally ready to board our new plane, now that one is delayed another 45 mins. UNBELIEVABLE. I’ve worked in aviation, I know it can be unpredictable but this is unacceptable. Horrible way to start a vacation. I will never fly American again. Ever.

1  Thank brandonwL9130OB
Reviewed 8 May 2021

Arrived at LAX and found many of the check in kiosks were broken . After using the Kiosk and its confusing menus ( Other airlines much better ), we received a boarding pass only and no bag tag. This required we go back again to the kiosk and redo the process to get the bag tags. Once checked in, we had to leave that terminal and then walk to Terminal 5. After a very long walk through Terminal 5, we had to get on a bus to get to the remote gate. Once at the gate , the gate was changed and then changed a second time in under 20 minutes. Onboard the flight, no snacks or drinks were provided. Only water was available on request. They did have power chargers in our seats and every row was 2x2 arrangement on this small plane. There was some turbulence in air and landing was very rough .

Date of travel: April 2021
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 8 May 2021

I am writing this while I am sitting in the airport waiting for my 2 nd chance on stand by. I missed my 3:00 flight although I was at the airport in what should have been plenty of time. However when I went through security my bag got designated to the side of bags they were checking... with about a dozen bags piled up in front of it. I waited while they went through all the bags and argued with a customer in front of me, until they finally got to mine and re xrayed it to see that nothing was wrong. But by time I got out of there I had missed them closing the doors to my flight by one minute. I was told that the next flight was full but they would put me on standby. So while I waited for 2 hours I saw a flight attendant come up and say that she wanted to get on that flight as a passenger (which she did) and a gentleman come up and say he was trying to get on that flight. They gave him standby on the 5:00 and a confirmed seat on the 8;00. I am sitting here on standby for the 8:00 and it is the last flight out tonight and they said the day tomorrow doesn’t look good. But no one is interested in being helpful in any way. This is a MUCH different experience than what I’ve had with other airlines.

1  Thank Debbie A
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.