“good service and clean toilets”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 18 June 2019

the food looks good but i did not have any because the food was served late at night and i already had dinner at home. the breakfast was a prepacked bread and raisins. they maintained very clean toilet both to and return flights. the ground hostess at New Chitose airport Japan was so nice and allowed me to get on an earlier flight so i can do more shopping at Tokyo before flying home (i.e. Sydney, Australia).

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (10,279)

Reviewed 17 June 2019

My flight from Narita to Tokyo was cancelled because of the extreme cold weather in Chicago end of January. Hundreds , upwards of more than 1000 passengers were stranded in Narita connecting through Chicago enroute to Dallas. I was flying on an United Award ticket in Business class which complicated reissuing my ticket. Options provided were leaving the next day through New York or Washington, Dc which was crossing the USA and then flying back west to Dallas which would have made the travel time a day plus. I searched out the senior staff member of ANA Michiko Kawai. There was one seat left on American Airlines the following day to DFW. Although I was flying on United ticket through Michiko and her staff working with American over the next 3 hours we were able to get Americans Platinum desk to accept my ticket and allow me to fly on American where I have Platinum status. Through Michiko diligent perseverance we were able to resolve a most difficult situation. I would also like to thank Sei Minori for accompanying me through immigration and expediting my exit through immigration and border control. Although I have not flown ANA often in the past, I intend to fly ANA often as possible through Asia . Their customer service is exceptional As a Director of my company I understand the value of truly exceptional customer service which ANA embodies.

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank bill g
Reviewed 17 June 2019 via mobile

I have never experienced a more uncomfortable, unacceptable flight in today’s modern society; with so many advances in aviation. To still be using ageing aircraft which do not have air conditioning in this day and age is simply absurd. Especially during the peak of summer. It clearly goes to show how money hungry the heads of All Nippon Airways are.

Since ANA have a monopoly on the Ishigaki-Tokyo Haneda route; they figure they are able to charge as much as they want for the airfare, and then continue to charge fees for things which should be included in the almost three hour flight (and considering the exorbitant airfare price). With only one drinks service - supplying passengers drinks in what resembled a shot glass. Crew then offer ice cream... but for 300yen. This is not acceptable on what claims to be a full service airline, on a lunch time flight. I have flown discount carriers with more service.

The customer service from the cabin crew is the only thing to be commended, considering the poor conditions they are forced to work in.

If you do not wish to pay top dollar to sit, barely breathing, sweltering in your own sweat, and be offered nothing in regards to snacks or drinks- DO NOT FLY ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS.

1  Thank BrandonM3007
Reviewed 16 June 2019

There were many problems with this airline right from the get-go. First off, even though my family and I ordered our tickets 3 months early, and arrived at the airport 2 hours early to check in, they told us that we would not be seated together. We are not a large group(3 people), and it is ridiculous that our seats are scattered even though we ordered together. This was actually the smallest problem I had with the airline.

Secondly, and my biggest problem, is the absolute horrendous treatment of customers. The attendant checking us in had on the fakest expression of sympathy and the falsest smile I have ever seen on a human being's face. My mother, who is a Vietnamese-born American, still speaks with an accent and stutters sometimes, but she has perfect comprehension, and the flight attendant had the AUDACITY to speak to her as if my mother is a child who just got told that she couldn't get a toy that she wanted.

WE ARE NOT CHILDREN, we are paying customers who just got told that we wouldn't be sitting together on a 12 hour flight. I actually had less of a problem with that than I had with this ghastly attendant, because sure, as a last resort, we could handle the trip separately, but the ATTITUDE was totally unprofessional and unnecessary.

When my father asked to see her supervisor, she looked him in the eye and told him SHE was the supervisor, but I had my suspicions about that. Surprise, surprise, just a few minutes later after this lady couldn't take our frustrations, she called over another woman with a slightly different outfit over to help her talk to us. She LIED to our faces to try and just handle the situation and get us to move on like our concerns were nothing.

We wouldn't have been nearly as upset with this airline if not for the blatant disrespect and disregard of our emotions displayed by the employees we met. I expected more from a Japanese airline, to be honest, because the Japanese are one of the most respectful people in the world. How utterly disappointing. No amount of good food, comfort or entertainment can change a snobby, condescending flight attendant from talking down to a group of people running on MAXIMUM three hours of sleep.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
4  Thank kristine_feyra
Reviewed 15 June 2019 via mobile

Due to recent knee problems I required wheel chair service to and from the airplane. When I arrived at plane in Houston the flight attendant took my carry on to my seat walking backwards to ensure I had no problems. Once we were flying they made sure I knew a wheel chair would be there when we arrived. They escorted me off the plane the same way as on. As for the food it was filling and and tasty, only thing I was disappointed with was seat comfort, but that is problem with all airline economy class flights.

Date of travel: May 2019
3  Thank StanOh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.