“super attentive staff -”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Nice new A320 plane - very attentive staff (I am nervous flyer they reassured me)
only not rated 5 out of 5 as they asked passengers to put hand luggage in the hold yet once on aircraft there was adequate space for luggage - also slight delay as luggage did not tally with take off sheet making 10 mins delay - having said this so glad that the security exists - good take off and smooth landing, flight crew said goodbye to passengers leaving plane always a nice gesture, Capt even took trouble to ask me if my faith in flying had been restored,

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (24,786)

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I flew with BA during all the chaos of their systems crash at the end of May 2017 from London Heathrow to Venice and back via Rome in June.

The positive thing to say first is that we made all our flights and by the looks of it thousands didn't. However, it wasn't easy or stress free.

We were rudely told when we checked in that we were not on the flight and told to wait at another queue and keep our fingers crossed that we may get a flight from Gatwick later in the day or tomorrow. Eventually after being spoken to curtly and positively by the same person, we were told we were on the flight to Venice, just not sat together and we had to run for the plane!

The flight was full (which seemed to cause a great deal of stress to the ground crew and cabin crew) and if you wanted food or drink you had to hand over your credit card.

The flight back from Rome was fine, apart from being told (again in not the most accommodating tone) at check-in that we weren't sat together and there was no way they could make it possible, even if we paid. We boarded the plane to find it was 50% full; so sat together anyway!

I'm giving BA 3/5 as we thankfully made all our flights, unlike so many. However, what should have been a nice start to the trip was made complex and stressful and the attitude of some BA staff just didn't help.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

The business class flight to Montréal was of a fantastic standard. The cabin was modern and clean and the seats were superb. The flight attendants provided a high level of service throughout the entire flight, they served delicious food and wine.
Highly recommend the British airways business class experience.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My wife and I use BA roughly 8 times a year.

We travel regularly to visit family and usually take our annual vacation using BA Holidays.
As Executive club members we earn Avios points (I still do not understand how that changes value so often) and Tier points.

Our loyalty is rewarded with Avios discounts - again, do not understand the value changes - and a dedicated customer service team that charge us the same price as everyone else.

So basically we get the Avios points.

The service is always good. There are rare problems, but every airline has those and when considering they are running a multinational business with so many risk variables it is amazing they do not have more problems.

The small problems could easily be corrected, but they are mostly down to human error at any given moment in time, so it would be tough to put counter measures in place as their are too many variables.

Overall I love travelling with them. My only gripe is that the loyalty program does not really make you feel like your loyalty is rewarded.
Avios jumps around in value, making it hard to see what the true loyalty is.

Personally, I would rather see a 10% off for Silver members and 15% off for Gold members - or something similar.

Then you are rewarded for loyalty and encouraged to gain more tier points, plus it is far more simple.

Anyway, that was more about the Executive club than the airline. I cannot really fault the airline, they do a superb job.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Travelled BA Club World from London Heathrow to Vancouver. Our BA experience didn't get off to a good start when I discovered that I would have to pay £100 per seat per leg to pre-book seats. The BA Club World layout is pretty appalling and many passengers have to clamber over strangers in order to get in and out of their seat. So, travelling with two young children, I wanted to make sure that we got seats together and in such a location that our kids wouldn't have to climb over strangers. The only way to ensure this was to pre-book seats. I have never had to pay to pre-book seats in business class before and to charge £800 in total is just extortionate and really targets families travelling together.

On the plane itself, as I said above, the layout leaves a lot to be desired and the beds are considerably smaller than the, similarly priced, Virgin Upper Class equivalents - if only Virgin flew this route! The food on board was also distinctly average. The saving grace was the excellence of the cabin crew who were all consistently brilliant.

1  Thank Matthew S