“British Airways Trip ”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Last year I went to Faro, Portugal for a holiday. The flight was good unfortunately the weather was bad when we took off and being a pilot myself I say well done to the pilots who handled the weather on take off. The service is nothing to complain about as I was in economy (you get what you pay) lovey affordable prices. Not the best economy but it was ok. The food was typical airline food, not nice not bad. It was a good flight despite the weather not being on the pilots side.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (33,059)

Reviewed 24 February 2018

My wife & I have had BA flights booked for several months. Returning into Heathrow from Calgary on Friday 29 June 2018 our flight BA1336 to Newcastle has been cancelled - 4 months in advance!!!

They have put us on the next flight BA1338 but we now have a 6+ hours wait before we fly, we are not happy!

What I can't understand Is this must be a popular business flight so I do wonder why it has been cancelled so far in advance.

Speaking to them on the phone all they say is it's "Operational reasons".

Has anyone else experienced this kind of premature cancellation?

I plan to speak with their customer relations dept. on Monday AM.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I changed things up and tried British Airways for my recent USA-Istanbul trip. Usually use Skyteam codeshares but wanted something different this time. I certainly got it. There is always a little extra security for flights departing IST heading to the west. But only this airline is still enforcing the ridiculous phone/tablet ban in the cabins. They also do not allow any sort of phone battery pack to be stored in checked luggage. I had to trash a $65 recharger at the airport because of the inability of BA to discern a threat or an actual small battery in checked bags.
Its just overkill and paranoia, i feel much safer anywhere in Turkey than I feel in the UK.
No snack, no drink, no IFE for 4.5hr flight to London. They are using the BA logo on planes but are operating as a low cost airline.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Flying from the US through Europe to the Middle East/Far Eastern Europe a few times per year, I decided to change things up and use an American Airlines/British Airways combination for this trip. While the American segment across the pond was good, the Airbus A320 BA flight to Istanbul was just another low-cost jaunt but without the low-cost prices. The cabin was clean and the seats in good order. Legroom was just enough for my 5'9" frame for my knees to not touch the seat in front. No drinks, snacks, or IFE with the exception of the moving maps scattered through the cabin (which is slightly better than the LC carriers.)
A 4.5hr flight is not a short-haul no matter how much the airline wants it to be. I will be going back to the Delta/Klm/Air France/AtlasGlobal codeshares in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We flew from Gatwick to New York in late January and back a week later in Economy (BA 2293 & 2292) Gatwick is so easy to get to from London and you walk straight from the rail station into the South Terminal. BA staff are really helpful and we were through bag drop and security literally in less than 30 minutes - quicker than even a domestic flight! Flights were not that busy and both ways we enjoyed three seats for the two of us in the back of the plane. Staff were friendly and food service reasonable. Our flights were only delayed minimally and no issue during the flight. Certainly for what we paid in economy the flights represented really good value and we were pleased with what we got.