“Lovely flight!”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

I was concerned on our return trip from Europe being in economy class for a seven hour flight. We spent a little extra money and upgraded to row 51 where there were two seats with extra room. Being larger we appreciate not being squished in with random passengers and they appreciate that as well. We were quickly surprised to find the flight wasn't full, so my husband moved to another seat where he had a empty seat beside him which allowed me to stretch out and get comfy. That was a huge plus! Then I was even more delighted to find British airways had amazing food and it kept coming! First we had some delicious sour cream and onion pretzels with complimentary wine. Then dinner was chicken or pasta. I had the chicken which was a pot roast type gravy with mashed potatoes, carrots, salad, bread and cheese with a custard type dessert. Then later they passed out ice cream bars and before we landed, they passed out delicious chicken salad sandwiches. Our flight to Europe on American had yucky food, so I was not even planning on eating the airplane food on the way back. Staff was courteous and friendly, although their boarding procedures are slow and at times frustrating. Luckily the rest of the experience outweighed the boarding, so I got over it fast. I also enjoyed their inflight entertainment which included games, movies, music, and you can even learn new languages while flying. Too bad I didn't see that on American before I needed to practice! The only big issue was that British airways could not provide us our boarding passes for our connecting flight in Philadelphia for some odd reason, so we were extremely concerned we would miss our connecting flight with customs and all that mess, but it actually went smoothly and we had some time to spare.

• Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (55,258)

Reviewed 19 May 2019

Flew from Dublin to Heathrow for a connecting flight the following day. Check in was probably the weakest part of the flight with the agent barely looking up and almost barking passport only when I handed her my passport and booking print out. The lounge was a general lounge used by most airlines in T1 but was quite good. There was a decent food selection of sandwiches, soup, cheeses, pastries, fruit and snacks. There was a bar where wine, beer and other drinks were available and the service was very friendly and obliging. Best of all the lounge was a good size and there were plenty of seats available.

The incoming flight was delayed but boarding was well underway when I got to the gate. Boarding was by back and front steps a la Ryanair but this made the process very efficient and we were ready to go with just a short delay. Service on board was really first class with hot towels to begin, a tasty meal with a fish salad as main course with tasty mini starter and desert followed by drinks. As always with Club Europe the middle seat was free so it was a really pleasant journey for a short flight of just under an hour. Any time I have flown BA previously I found the pilots very informative and entertaining and it was no exception on this flight. Perfect really for a short flight with the only slight negative being the check in experience.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 19 May 2019

Everything went well. Flight delayed from Heathrow but they managed to fly in and Landon time. Staff ere friendly.Think the food could have been better.

Reviewed 18 May 2019

Lovely crew, surprisingly tasty food! From check in to landing in Corfu, it was a top experience all round.

2  Thank Tanyahalliday
Reviewed 18 May 2019

I had a flight booked with BA from Toulouse to Aberdeen, via Heathrow. There was a 24 hour French Air traffic control strike on the day. But my flight was not cancelled , so I travelled to Toulouse. It was a scheduled 11.15 flight to Heathrow, the gate was called at 09.35, and most of the passengers proceeded through passport control to the gate. We expected delays so were not surprised when there was very little action for several hours. The BA website was so wrong that most of us gave up, all enquiries put to the staff on the gate were met with the same information from the now infamous BA website. New possible departure times were announced, but never materialised. The inbound flight arrived at 15.15 , some 5 hours late, but a cheer went up as at east we had an aircraft to board. The departure time was announced as 16 h, ok not too bad, then after several hours, very few announcements, and by this time the gate was besieged by fairly annoyed passengers. All other flights although grossly delayed had taken off. At 20.00 h it was announced the flight had been cancelled, go collect your luggage. After this there was no BA staff or information to inform us of what to do. Eventually after about 20 mins wandering around a deserted airport we found a help desk. I had a transfer ticket and had to wait for 2 hours to be rebooked onto the next day flight. I was travelling alone and waited for another female passenger to get her flight and we were left to try and find the hotel in the dark and by now pretty deserted airport. Having found the hotel, it was very nice , too late to get anything to eat. We had been corralled in a departure gate for 10 hours with a small mobile trolley of baguettes, limited choice. Too late to get a meal at the hotel, went to bed tired , hungry and exhausted. I do realise that ATC strikes are difficult, but why wait So late To cancel, and why only BA flight to London that didn’t take off.

2  Thank JMS65330
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.