“Full refund on non refundable flight.”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 11 December 2020 via mobile

I've flown British Airways several times in Europe and the flights have been pleasant (not reviewing the airports here!). We had a trip to Scotland planned but covid hit. Air France refunded our canceled flight to London no questions and so we contacted British Airways about a refund. We were able to speak to a live person who refunded our flight to Edinburgh and the return from Aberdeen to London. No questions. We were willing to take a voucher but the refund was appreciated. I wish other airlines were this understanding (looking at you FinnAir). I'd recommend them as a good value European Air carrier if you want to be treated like a human and not a piece of talking cargo (EasyJet and RyanAir).

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
2  Thank B9563XKchristopherl
Write a reviewReviews (55,264)

Reviewed 11 December 2020

I had to juggle a number of flights in January and February, often on very short notice - the BA app just makes it so easy to change flights, rebook, and have a great clear overview of all the upcoming flights. If BA offered more flights from City Airport, I would never fly with anyone else!

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
19  Thank JuliaAroundTheWorld
Reviewed 11 December 2020

I travel alot on business and with all different airlines, about 3 years ago I used to love it when I got a British Airways flight. Now I dread it. I fly about 3-5 times a month, and the only problems I get is with BA. My last 3 flight with them have been delayed. I haven't had a delayed flight with any other airline during this pandemic if anything they have been early. So why do BA get it so wrong.

Date of travel: December 2020
Reviewed 7 December 2020

My return flight was cancelled earlier in the year due to COVID and I was issued a voucher. When trying to use the voucher I spoke to their dheli call center. It took them a good few hours altogether to sort things out and to apply my voucher, which supposedly had a $650 value. My return flight was $620, so all covered and I was told I even get a residual voucher. I had to cancel the flight and rebook for 2 weeks later. Spoke to dheli again and this time they said they had to take my credit card info for a $25 administration charge, which I agreed to since I had to change my flight date.

A few days later I was charged $450.

I called in immediately and spoke with dheli again. They said they didn’t charge my card, but the airport at JFK did. (My flight was from FLL to Manchester).
I explained I haven’t been to JFK. They insisted for me to check with my family members because my credit card was used at JFK.
Finally they said they would have to open a ticket and contact JFK for further info and they will call me back.

A few days passed and no call so I called back and spoke to someone in the Bremen call center. It took them 30 minutes to just catch up on the mess that was created and they did call me back after catching up. They said that they can see in the notes that I was told the voucher was for $650, but in reality it only was about $170 or so and therefore my Credit Card was charged the rest.

At this time I had been on the phone with BA about 10h overall.

I explained that no one ever told me that I had to pay extra and that I only gave concent to being charged a $25 admin charge.

Bremen confirmed they can see the info and will have to open an escalation ticket for higher ups to look into this and decide on a credit.

I called back a week after and was told that the ticket is in the system but hasn’t been addressed.

Today, about a month has passed and I haven’t heard anything back.

I understand things are not easy at the moment, but I have not received one BA initiated response so far. I think this is not ok.

Date of travel: November 2020
3  Thank 271cina
Reviewed 7 December 2020

Despite having booked 2 tickets, we weren't able to fly (apparently British Airways overbooks their flights by +10%?!?!?!). We were unfortunately unable to board the flight. Luckily, we had phenomenal customer service by Vikki (short brown hair) who was honestly fantastic and an asset to your company. If it wasn't for Vikki we wouldn't be feeling as optimistic but Vikki stayed late (beyond her shift) to ensure we were looked after.

Date of travel: December 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.