“Untrustworthy”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 August 2021

They promise you can change your booking if your circumstances change, this is a lie, the online option is not available they tell you to call the customer service number and then after this they play an automated message saying they have other customers with higher priority and hang up on you, now stuck abroad without any help from my airline, never again British Airway. Had better service from EasyJet.

Date of travel: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (55,397)

Reviewed 2 August 2021

I booked a flight through a agent. My agent trip.com are telling me to contcat british airways to have my flight chnages. I have request over 20 flight dates and i know seats on the flights are available as i have an open ticket with trip.co and british airwasy i didnt think i would have this much trouble having a new flight changed. My original flight has to be cancelled as i needed to attend my dads funeral. Now i am in a situation where i have lost over £850, i am unable to say goodbye to my father and a open ticket i cant seem to book a flight with. The whole situation has been stressful and upsetting to say the least and i cant believe i am being ping ponged against the travel agent and airline who both are telling me it is nothing to do with them but my money has been easily taken.

Date of travel: July 2021
Reviewed 31 July 2021

Was unable to use my trip because a Pandemic but British Airways would only give me a voucher for a future trip. I wasn’t happy but they sold me on the idea because they partner with many other airlines so I didn’t press the issue. I just tried to use it on American Airlines and British Airways said I couldn’t because at least part of the trip has to be on British Airways. WHAT LIARS!!!! Everyone I’ve ever talked to was understanding and gave everyone I know money back because again it was a world wide PANDEMIC NOT THEM!!!

Date of travel: August 2020
Reviewed 31 July 2021

We are flying to Istanbul Turkey first/business class and went to book our seats!,, see pic the prices they are charging to book a first class seat!!!!
! I don’t swear but this is making me want to swear..
SHAME ON YOU BA —- SHAME ON YOU

Date of travel: July 2021
2  Thank UKTravelGalinCali
Reviewed 31 July 2021

I usually do not write reviews but couldn't help this time. I had worst experience dealing overall with BA. I had my Mom's flight booked from Mumbai (India) to London(UK) and then she had a connecting flight. Someone from British Airways calls me a day before the departure and tells me that my Mom can not board her flight. Basically BA will not let her board her flight to London, even when she is exempt from all travel restrictions. I understand the current travel situation between India and Canada. But what's more frustrating is the people who are calling you, have absolutely no idea about all the updated rules. I happened to talk to someone from BA in India and from London - both the agents gave me different reasons. One said it's Indian government which is not allowing it and another blamed the UK government and one was blaming Canadian government.

The story doesn't end here. I kept calling BA in local PST timezone regarding refund and after calling for 50 times there is no answer from BA on their helpline numbers. Finally I have one of my family member was finally able to reach BA in IST timezone and they denied refund. So for me - BA is not letting my Mom board her flight and then refusing a refund. I had to cancel and take the blame that I'm canceling her flight.. seriously..

I do understand the travel ban within India and Canada but not treating your customers well - calling them one day prior departure and saying "sorry for the inconvenience" and then not answering phone lines- are absolutely NOT the right way to treat. Basically I didn't get any refund. What's more annoying is talking to different people claiming to be from BA - saying different things and that happened on twitter. You can't reach them via their helpline numbers.

After this devastating experience dealing with BA - I do not recommend anyone to waste your time and money on them.

Date of travel: June 2021
1  Thank 719deepalic
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.