“BA 255/254 - Very good long-haul flights!”
Review of British Airways

BA 254

The flight left a little delayed, but made up the time to arrive in early. We pre-booked the exit row for extra comfort and it also gave us the opportunity to chat to the crew. We had a delightful crew member who was excellent, and seemed to be able to second guess what we needed - extra water, more drinks, more snacks etc! Even in these COVID times, it’s good to see there is still the BA customer service present.

Two negatives: check-in in Barbados was very slow, when the flight wasn't even full! My view is that handling agents have less allegiance to provide top service, so it's like you getting served in an average pub.

Vegan meal - my partner opted for a vegan meal, which was pasta, tomato sauce, and peas!!! Enough said.

In contrast to my last review involving BA shorthaul, the longhaul services are still providing very good service when onboard!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 267cameronp
Write a reviewReviews (55,397)

Reviewed 5 August 2021

The voucher I was given for a cancelled flight during the covid outbreak requires you to phone them to redeem it. After being on hold for 45 minutes I was told they couldn't find my details on the system and point me to fill out the claims form on the website. Seems like they've designed the process of claiming the refund with as much friction as possible to prevent you from claiming it.

• Customer service
    • Value for money
Reviewed 5 August 2021

I went on a 5 hour flight on BA and all they offered us was a packet of crisps and a TINY bottle of water. I mean come on if I knew I would have made sandwiches. To make it worse they don’t even sell sandwiches on the flight . All they had was peanuts and more crisps . This is a national airline ???! Easy jet is 100 times better . Shame on you .

1  Thank mohammadhU1651TM
Reviewed 3 August 2021

They promise you can change your booking if your circumstances change, this is a lie, the online option is not available they tell you to call the customer service number and then after this they play an automated message saying they have other customers with higher priority and hang up on you, now stuck abroad without any help from my airline, never again British Airway. Had better service from EasyJet.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

I booked a flight through a agent. My agent trip.com are telling me to contcat british airways to have my flight chnages. I have request over 20 flight dates and i know seats on the flights are available as i have an open ticket with trip.co and british airwasy i didnt think i would have this much trouble having a new flight changed. My original flight has to be cancelled as i needed to attend my dads funeral. Now i am in a situation where i have lost over £850, i am unable to say goodbye to my father and a open ticket i cant seem to book a flight with. The whole situation has been stressful and upsetting to say the least and i cant believe i am being ping ponged against the travel agent and airline who both are telling me it is nothing to do with them but my money has been easily taken.

Date of travel: July 2021
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.