“The fourth strike and you're out”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 3 December 2021

Soooo, "The best airline in the world" this is the fourth time I have flown with you and I must applaud you on your amazing consistency. That is consistently rubbish !
I have now been delayed for 4 hours on a transatlantic flight which I appreciate happens, but you tried to inform me via test to my UK cell with no +44 prefix, knowing I am here as you flew me in. So I never got the message.The staff are polite and help full, but completely un prepared. Are Lingus and a host of other airlines consistently out perform you. You survive on the "imagined" reputation you enjoy. As My old school reports frequently stated, "could do better!"
tI expect no response to this post, God knows you have bigger problems to sort.
Good night.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (55,412)

Reviewed 2 December 2021

The flight was on time which my no 1 when flying, cabin crew was helpful and polite.
Considering it was November, the plane was nice and warm :)

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 2 December 2021

We traveled from Los Angeles to Cairo for 14 days and British Airways lost my wife’s checked baggage for the duration of the trip. They found her bag 3 days after our return to LA. Lost baggage customer service is terrible, everything is done through their website with no phone or person to call, only general customer service.
We incurred over $3000 in lost travel expenses due to the list bag and we had to shorten our trip due to the list bag.
British Airways only covered $236 in lost baggage compensation.
British Airways is worst airline and customer service of any airline we have traveled and we traveled around the world with multiple airlines.

DO NOT TRAVEL ON BRITISH AIRLINES. Worst Weber!

Date of travel: October 2021
Reviewed 2 December 2021

British airways turned what should have been a simple process into a travel nightmare spanning two months.

I had a future travel voucher for Singapore to London which I thought would be perfect for my flight to relocate home. I'd been under the impression that it was a simple process - just call up and book onto the same route that I'd previously paid for (and that had previously been cancelled by BA themselves) - but on a new date. How wrong I was.

First, I had to pay to top up my flight - a significant amount, equivalent to around the value of my original flight (which was a redemption ticket of part cash part airmiles). This was apparently because of price increases and the fact that I was flying at peak times (British Airways logic ignores that Singapore was closed to tourists and my flight was almost empty). The extra charge also meant that I overall paid more than face value (their online price at the time for the ticket) for the flight, as well as them still keeping the airlines I'd redeemed. They explained that the online price and redemption prices differ and that's just how the system works. However, if I had taken a refund I would have lost a lot of money to administration fees. They had me in a desperate situation where I was losing hundreds of pounds to them no matter what I did, so I cut my losses and booked the flight.

Or at least I thought I did.

The call centre agent - who had previously explained she was working remotely with no manager or supervision (and no way to escalate issues) - took my card details (including full card number, dates, and CVC code) - and explained my flight ticket and receipt for payment for an extra bag would follow.

A week later, I still had no ticket, no details, no charge to my card, no booking reference - nothing. I called up to confirm. The call centre agent I reached apologised and advised he would escalate it to the bookings team (as they were work from home, there was no way to follow it up directly, and there was a backlog) and again took my card details. Once again, I waited another week, and sign of being booked onto a flight. Thus began a cycle of increasingly frequent and desperate calls to British Airways as they repeatedly failed to do the simple task of booking me on a flight, spanning over 6 weeks. An international move is stressful enough, without having to worry whether you are even booked onto the flight! On the Friday before my Monday flight, I sat in tears to another BA call centre agent who promised to get me on my flight and book my extra bag. The next day - around 48 hours before I was due to fly, I finally got my booking reference. Hurrah!

....yet they still failed to charge me for or add on my extra bag. Luckily, I noticed this on my check in details and managed to add a bag online.

The whole experience was stressful, costly, and resulted in me spending hours and days on the phone listening to British Airways hold music.

Furthermore, there has been a significant cutback to BAs inflight catering service due to COVID, resulting in significantly smaller portions (although other reviewers have covered this), leaving me quite hungry on such a long flight.

Though I've flown BA repeatedly with few problems in the past, their service has gone significantly downhill.

Date of travel: July 2021
1  Thank Danni L
Reviewed 1 December 2021

Started out well as they started boarding about on time. Once everyone was aboard we waited and waited and finally the pilot said the flight was delayed due to no food on board and not all the baggage on board and the ground crew was at terminal 5 and we were at terminal 3. After about an hour and a half we finally left for Prague. If this was not the 4th BA flight in a row delayed I would give a higher rating.

Date of travel: November 2021
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.