“Worst flight and rude flight attendant”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 28 November 2022

We preordered special meal.
Flight attendant didn't even bother to come to us or our kids to ask for it..
No drink were served, after asking our food, we have been told that you were sleeping so they didn't ask... and now its finish.. Wondering if we ordered special meal how come it got finished..

They were busy chatting with each other, drinking.
Broken seat.. there were lot of stains and spills on seat.. unhygienic I would say..

I will never try flying with BA again.. worst nightmare for me and my kids.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank SabiaK2913

Reviewed 28 November 2022

If you need a wheelchair or other assistance while flying, don’t travel British Airways through Heathrow. We traveled between the US and Prague and had to make a connecting flight at Heathrow each way. My wife had injured her knee and wasn’t able to walk the long distances in the airports so I requested a wheelchair for her. In the US and in Prague, it worked wonderfully. In Heathrow, it was horrendous! First of all they didn’t have a wheelchair for her when we arrived from the states and didn’t tell us that we needed to find one of their handicapped assistance rooms. The British Airways personnel were of no help at all. Then, since Heathrow doesn’t announce gates for departing flights until an hour or less before departure they have you sit in these rooms just waiting. Meanwhile they hold your boarding pass and don’t give you any information. Then, since they don’t have enough staff, they don’t even try to find someone to take you to the gate until 20 minutes or so before the flight leaves which means it is a mad dash through the crowded airport and trying to make it through security on time. It was extremely stressful! I’ve read a number of articles about the problem and the airport and its contractor just point fingers and don’t seem to be doing anything to change it. Although our flights were fine and the British Airways staff at the other airports were helpful, the stress of dealing with the situation at Heathrow certainly colors our memories of our travels with British Airways. We will certainly avoid Heathrow and probably British Airways from now on.

Not even worth a one…..

ABSOLUTELY THE SH*TTIEST COMPANY EVER!!! Always delayed, and always a mess. Just came back to Heathrow from San Francisco. It has been delayed and now we are waiting for our luggages for an hour and a half, not a single sign of any luggage. When you ask the customer NOT service do nothing. Theres no manager to speak to,they do nothing just keep telling everyone its coming its coming… NOTHING! Worst experience ever. Proper rip off and crap service.
Missed my last train back home, now I have to spend another 15 hours at the airport and book myself a train home for another £144, and I can book myself a hotel so I have somewhere to sleep.
Thanks British Airways, this little issue of yours and your awful organisation costed me £400

Reviewed 27 November 2022

Check in was OK but we were told by a Customer Service Manager that due to "some issue", we could not use the Business Class Lounge. As a disabled passenger, that was a blow. We were given a voucher for just over $50 to spend on food and drink and warned about outlets that don't accept the vouchers. Basically only one outlet accepts the voucher where you can get food and drink, but they refuse to charge alcohol to it. The food was luke-warm burgers and chips - horrid. The wait for that was 30 mins after queuing to get in to the place for 20 mins. We witnessed a huge argument about lack of service between an American customer and a waitress. The flight was late too. Once on board, it was clear the staff were exhausted. They made mistakes with orders, forgot orders and were generally not as good as usual. Breakfast was like something from McDonalds - an Egg McMuffin. Horrible. We booked our flights using Avios, paying £700 each in taxes and fees in addition, and the tickets are coded to reflect this. Is this the reason we were denied the lounge and given a sub-standard service at Chicago O'Hare? Whatever the reason, I won't be flying BA next time because we were assured of a premium service but the experience was not premium.

Travelling the other way from London to Chicago, we did get to use the lounge at Heathrow but it was clear the food offering is "to a price" so very restricted compared to pre-Covid. It was far from premium but at least we were away from the crowds and noise of the airport. For someone like me with extreme sensitivity to noise and bright lights, the lounge is a crucial part of the flying experience.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
Reviewed 27 November 2022

Went to select a seat which was free, asked to pay €20 to choose a seat.
Then emailed and asked to book in hand bagage free of charge because they do not have the space in Cabin.. no thanks, I travel light for a reason. Then at gate asked to check in bag. If no then get yourself to back of cue.. rude Staff who think they can talk to you like a god knows what.. sort it out!!!

Date of travel: November 2022
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.