“Long wait to check-in.”
Review of Brussels Airlines

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Once we'd negotiated the long queue to check-in (only 1 desk open for a morning flight) the rest was ok, the staff were pleasant and reasonably efficient. We left only a few mins late but made up time and landed on schedule. Brussels airport was more organised for the return trip and everything went as planned. No entertainment on board but we weren't on long enough, they did offer basic refreshments both ways, over priced but usual for the industry.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,542)

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Unfortunately I was unable to use my outbound leg and had to travel on a later flight. Brussels Airlines would not let me use my original return ticket because I was (in their words) a "no show" for my outbound leg. I contacted the airline and told them my circumstances and that I wanted to use my return leg but was told I would need to buy a new ticket for both legs. When I went onto the website to buy a new ticket I could only get the premium fare at around double the price I had originally paid because it was short notice. When I got on the aircraft there were lots of spare seats hence no reason not to offer the basic fares. If I had been allowed to buy a basic fare for one leg my additional expenditure should have been less than 1/3 of what it actually was.

I have a number of meetings in Brussels over the coming months for which I will not use Brussels airlines. Instead I will go via Schiphol with Easyjet or KLM and the Thalys express train thus avoiding Brussels Airlines.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 12 January 2018

What an awful service!!! Brussels Airlines lost my luggage in August 2017. They asked me to fill in a voice your concern form which I did. It normally takes 6 weeks to get a response but up to this day (11 January 2018), I still have not heard back. As a customer, you cannot get in touch with customer relations. Their only mode of communication is via email. Brussels customer services is a nightmare and most of them do not know how best to provide customer care. Overall, I am appauled with the service and I am commencing legal action.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Dealing with Brussels Airlines has been an absolute nightmare. Our flight to JFK was re-reouted to Toronto (obviously not their fault), so they had to re-book us to our end destination, which was Cleveland. First, they had us arriving at JFK and departing from LaGuardia to Cleveland with a tight layover time. Then, they booked us a direct flight to Cleveland from Toronto, which we thought was GREAT, but they did not take our bags off the original JFK flight that had been re-routed. Now they want us to work through the airline they booked our Cleveland flight with in order to find our bags, even thought that airline has never been in possession of our bags. We call and call and call, only to be hung up on, have phones not answered, have voicemail boxes remain full indefinitely, and to be told to call back later. These people DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. I've never seen customer service like this before. I'm amazed people still give this company their business. We will not be, ever again.

1  Thank Andrew H
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Even though the flight was delayed over an hour it was till very enjoyable. Most of the reviews State that employees are disengaged and I found that not to be true at all. In fact the exact opposite. The crew was wonderful and even heard me speaking to my husband about just coming to Brussels for the weekend to visit a brewery that he loves- no kids and it was a Christmas gift. The attendant brought back chocolates and beer in glasses obviously from first class. It made us feel so special. Entertainment was great, food was airline food but good. Definitely would fly again!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank Kirstinjoy1204