“Very, very, very bad customer service - from A to Z!!!!”
Review of Brussels Airlines

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I was 10min late at the check-in but since my flight was delayed (official information at that point plus 25min) it should have been possible to check me in. Especially since personell was just about to shut off their PCs. Instead fo helping me - by servicing a customer in need - which would have been easily possible, they (3 people were there) did prefer to discuss 5min why they would not do it. And that I either can take a later flight and rebook or leave my luggage since I already had checked in online.

As a consequence I had to leave my luaggage at the airport buy a new suitcase to travel with carry-on obviously having to buy many supplies new due to carry on sizes. I then ran through the airport to make it on time to find out then, that by the time I was at check the plane did not even depart brussels. You can imagine my face.

They must have known at check in that the plane was over 1,5 hrs delayed and taking this in account checking in my luggage should have been no problem whatsoever.

I would have then expected some apologies and maybe a sorry drink service since it was not clear if we make connecting flight in brussels - nothing ... running in brussels again to just make it in time for our next flight.

Later I contacted service to ask only for refunding my lugagge charges since I did not use it and had more than double the extra charges. After 6 weeks and serveral correspondances with me to proove my case I finally got a decline with the expanation that I booked a total price incl luggage (the deduction was clear and I could proove it) and that I made it on time in Madrid. What really gets me is the bla-bla-bla they did their upmost to serve me ... honestly, seriously? You must be joking in a very bad way.

After this experience - Brussels Airlines is off my list to use - forever.
Especially after talking to others waiting who said they 3 out of 4 times experience trouble with this Airline.

I'd rather in the future travel longer but be sure to really make it as well as my luggage.

And quite honestly I can not understand how an airline is willing to loose a customer for a refund charge for 58 EUR - for the services I did not use - because that is all I asked for - not more.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (4,528)

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Flight was ok, luggage was handled correctly, personal was friendly, but everything costs extra. There is nothing included, you even have to pay extra for a glass of water!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

At par with Asian airlines, Luxury all around. Extraordinary service.AMAZING!!!! On top of everything, they give you a box of chocolate!!!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Their check and go prices are very good if you catch them on time. The seats are comfortable, their website is easy to navigate. Smooth online check-in.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Have heard bad things about this airlines but decided to give them the benefit of a doubt, and boy, did they prove their unworthiness! The stewardesses in my section were arrogant and thought they were doing me a favour by attending to me. Will never ever fly Brussels again. Blankets are dirty. Service sloppy. Never again! Will make sure my friends and family do not fly Brussels. KLM is far far better!