“Had a fine flight”
Review of Brussels Airlines

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Seats were fine, plane was clean and staff was helpfull. They help you with your luggage. The seats are comfortable and you have enough space to move.

1  Thank Priscilla D
Write a ReviewReviews (4,350)

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived at VIE check in to be told that my flight did not include a checked in bag. This was not at all obvious when I booked the flight on Expedia, nor when making the online check in.
Luckily I was able to take my bag on the flight but that created issues at security with items in my bag, which I had been allowed to bring on the outward flight.

1  Thank Steveyam
Reviewed 8 February 2018

If you are lucky enough to get a window seat by yourself, it feels like first class. Service is fantastic, so attentive, they really care about your well-being and go way beyond what should be expected. Highly recommended with a lot of attention to detail.

1  Thank Gazap0
Reviewed 7 February 2018

This is the first time I have booked with this airline and unless absolutely necessary, I will not be booking again. We checked in at Manchester airport by originally attempting to use the machines. One froze so we moved to a second, also broken. We didn’t go to the desk as there were two counters showing Brussels Airlines, one was a bag drop and one was for business class. However we approached a gentleman sat under a different airline counter and asked for advice, we were snubbed and responded to sarcastically as if we weee stupid; bad start. We were then told both flights (MAN-BRU-FCO) were full and we were unable to take our cabins bags on board and they had to be checked through free of charge. Although a little annoyed as it meant a wait on our final arrival, we understood and checked through. This also happened on both return sectors so obviously they have an issue with cabin space and carrier on luggage.
The planes themselves are very old, do not sound healthy at all and their cabin divide is pointless. In “Bizz&class” you don’t get any extra legroom, you get a meal/snack and the middle seat left empty.
The on board cabin crew were rude, unattentive and had appalling information about connecting flights despite 75% of the passengers continuing throug Brussels.

Our return flight, we disembarked, were transported by bus to another terminal, queued to get back through passport control, ran through the airport to make a connection that we were late for due to the late arrival of the first flight, to board the exact same plane we’d just exited!!! On disembarking the plane I was also rudely pushed out the way by the pilot flinging his coat on.

Overall, an unpleasant experience during all aspects of my journey. Wouldn’t recommend and wouldn’t travel again unless absolutely necessary.

1  Thank 186Sophiep94
Reviewed 6 February 2018

NEVER FLY BRUSSLES AIRLINES. Lost my brother and my luggage for 6 days I’m Israel. Apparently left it at our original takeoff point in New York. Terrible delayes on the flights. I filed a claim to get reimbursed for essentials purchased while our luggage was lost. Customer relations department only responds over email apparently, no phone calls. Feeling like the money will never be reimbursed. Other friends suitcases had the wheels broken off, luggage tags stolen, and one suitcase was so damaged it wouldn’t zip closed and must have traveled half open the whole way home! When returning home, asked the flight attendant at the check in desk what they could do to insure our bags wouldn’t get lost again. They looked at us and said “would it really be that bad if you bag gets lost for a few days?” EXCUSE ME, you lose your bag for 6 days by an airline that clearly doesn’t care, and see how you feel. I will never fly, nor let anyone I know fly Brussles Airlines ever again.

2  Thank jessicallincoln