“Definitely not the EU standard, I expected more”
Review of Brussels Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my first flight with Brussels Airlines. I even didn't know I will fly with them, because I bought a ticket through Austrian Airlines. The first information was that the flight is delayed. It was about 1 and a half hour late. The second surprise was that even for a water you have to pay! When I fly with Austrian, I can get any beverage I want and I receive a small snack as well. Here - nothing. Even we were delayed. No complimentary coffee, no tea, no water. They even had some problems with card payments.. The flight was ok, but I definitely expected more!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,619)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Some food and drink are usual at almoust all companies ( not at low cost I remember), so it is unpleasant to pay 3 € for a bottle of water when you fly with Brussel Airlines. In my opinion it should be much appreciated and same expensive for the company to offer a traditional glass of some drinks to everybody than ask for some food or drink to be payd: the result is almoust nobody asks for, and appreciation for the Company decreases.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Surprised that they operate more as a Low Cost airline and not as the other Star Alliance airlines operating from Tel Aviv, that give you a breakfast tray, here we got an unedible small box, and some tea,....if you were flying further back in the plane then all is for money,....and water cannot be for money.....next, what will they charge the toilets, so for internal European flights, they are off my list, the staff is nice, the plane is fine, but they are cheap with the food service.....to say the least

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Likely one of the worst experiences for a flight. Website does not work on mobile devices. Be prepared for a chaotic experience when boarding. There is no boarding by groups or class/status. Bring Euros if you are thirsty. They only except Euros. I would look at other alternatives. This unfortunately was a flight that happened to fit with my United Airlines itinerary .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

One thing I do like is that you can choose your seat after check in at no extra cost. The actual flights are pleasant, the staff are nice and everything on board is fine. But my word, do not fly with Brussels Airlines if you have somewhere to be on time.

I flew 4 times with them this month, 3 out of 4 times there was at least an hour delay if not more. I just booked a flight to Berlin and I actually paid 10 euro extra to fly with Ryanair rather than BA - because you can almost be sure that they will be delayed. Fine if you don't mind waiting, but it's annoying when you spend a lot of time in airports. In comparison I have flown with Ryanair dozens and dozens of times and have experienced 1 delay over the years, so if you care more about those 60-120 minutes in the air and don't mind always being late, then Brussels Airlines is fine.