“Quality, not friendly ”
Review of Cape Air

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

Full disclosure, I don’t like small planes. I love Vieques so much that I’m willing subject myself.
So, I prefer a serious pilot, not the prankster. However, a little effort so we think you like your job would offer peace of mind. Had same pilot twice on this 3 week visit. Same experience. Also used the competitor airline on one flight this trip, review posted. Gate crew was also a bit gruff at Vieques. Management just needs to spend a little more time training employees, even if they have been there for years. Their fleet is newer than the competitors, higher ticket price, just need to pretend their passengers are necessary for their livelihood. Other passengers also made similar comments.
Always felt safe, on time, and visually well-kept fleet.
Use your noise-cancelling headphones on all these commuter flights. Also, phones OFF, not just airplane mode.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
3  Thank Lauren K
Write a reviewReviews (305)

Reviewed 3 January 2019

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT TRAVEL CAPE AIR. My girlfriend and I were supposed to take a one way flight from Sidney, MT to Billings, MT on Christmas Day to connect with our American Airlines flight direct form Billings to DFW. We paid over $900 for this round trip American Airlines flight to go visit my girlfriends family for the holidays. We get to the airport in Sidney and go through the process of checking in for the flight and checking our bags. 15 minutes prior to boarding they tell us that the pilot noticed an issue with the plane earlier that morning when landing in Sidney. They needed to fly in a mechanic to fix the front strut. I travel weekly for business and know that the airline knew the flight was not going to leave well in advance. Rather than telling us from the get go they waited til the last second. If we would have been told earlier then we could have made the drive and caught our original flight. They decided to take a gamble with my bank account and time and caused the holidays to be ruined for us. I called American Airlines to see about catching another flight and was informed that it would cost $776/ person and we would have to get on a flight the next day, because we missed the only flight from Billings to DFW. Trying to avoid the option of spending an additional $1,600, I begin looking into other options. We find a flight the next day from Dickinson, ND to DFW with a connection in Denver for $1,000 total one way. We had to drive 2.5 hrs to get to the airport at 3am. We were originally scheduled to get home 12/25 at 3:45pm CST and didn't get home til 7:00pm CST on 12/26. This airline has horrible customer service and cares nothing about the customers who help keep them in business. From now on when traveling to Montana I will be flying to Billings and paying to rent a car, because of the hassle Cape Air put us through during the holidays.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Caliendo63
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

I had an email confirmation that I was to go from Minneapolis to Chicago to St Louis. I got to Chicago and I could not find my airline. After walking all the way through the airport, I finally got to an extremely sketchy gate with flickering lights and extremely rude staff. When I presented my boarding pass, the ticket assistant (without looking at it) informed me that it was not my boarding pass. IT HAD BOARDING PASS WRITTEN ACROSS THE TOP. She then printed out a new boarding pass that did not take me to St Louis. It took me to Decatur. When I tried to inform her that it was not my ticket and showed her the email confirmation, she did not look at it and told me that there was no flight from Chicago to St Louis. So now I’m stuck with an extremely rude staff and the wrong ticket. Thanks Cape Air.

Date of travel: January 2019
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Told to arrive at 2.45pm to catch the bus for our 5 hour trip that has replaced the cancelled flight. Now 4.20 pm and still waiting. No one from CapeAir has bothered to explain what is going on so clearly they don’t care about their customers

Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the Airport and not allowed through the from door. Made to stand in the rain while being told the flight had been cancelled and told to leave and call customer care. Called customer care and after two hours the call was transferred back to the same person who greeted us at the airport. Eventually offered a bus voucher for a 5 hour bus trip. Also told their “hands were tied and Capair had no policy to handle the situation”.

1  Thank michaelwbensom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.